• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the family

Clark J

Size 46 Star!!Perfect lining,knits are very good,zip looks new a very low use jacket.For you guys that has never seen an original in person but has a(or many)"top" maker repos the first thing that will jump out at you is the quality or lack of it should I say and the difference in the thickness just in one jacket!This jacket has many pre production scars(from the horse)that you will never seen on any repo!Hell I can even wear it!!!
012-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Jason

Great find Clark, one of the more rare contracts, in great condition... you must be chuffed!

Marv

Just as a matter or interest, I own and ELC Star and from what I have seen from the originals that have popped up on the forum I have yet to see one in seal, they always seem to be in russett.
Also on JC's site, even the Star repro he has on offer is in russett so is it just ELC taking artistic licence on the colour or were there actually seal versions of the this A2 in service and if so would they all have been depot resprays.

Roughwear

Marv said:
Just as a matter or interest, I own and ELC Star and from what I have seen from the originals that have popped up on the forum I have yet to see one in seal, they always seem to be in russett.
Also on JC's site, even the Star repro he has on offer is in russett so is it just ELC taking artistic licence on the colour or were there actually seal versions of the this A2 in service and if so would they all have been depot resprays.

My near mint size 44 is russet as was the size 42 I used to own. They were made in seal but probably in smaller numbers that the russet ones. They is a seal Star on JC's CD which was not a depot respray and a russet one which was a respray. The ELC Star is too dark, even darker than the seal one on the CD.

Marv

thanks for the response Andrew, I was thinking that myself....when comparing the colour to my ELC PH A2 in walnut, there is a massive difference as the Star looks almost black.
I really like the PH walnut colour with it combination of seal with reddish undertones and this is the colour I would have imagined issued seal Stars to be.
Must admit though I was quite surprised how my PH looks very similar to the ELC Roughwear in colour, style etc. and wondered if ELC had that A2 in mind when they developed the PH range for the movie. :)