• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New RW 1401 P A-2 from Eastman

lee

Wonder why they went with the repro Crown just on the 1401 rather than the nos Talon as on the rest of the line?

lee

Persimmon said:
If you check - originals had Crown Zippers so hopefully trying to make it true to original Spec

Didn't the 27752 have Crowns too? The original 27752 that I have has a Crown - albeit that's just one sample that I know of.

Persimmon

lee said:
Persimmon said:
If you check - originals had Crown Zippers so hopefully trying to make it true to original Spec

Didn't the 27752 have Crowns too? The original 27752 that I have has a Crown - albeit that's just one sample that I know of.

The RW 27752 was more bell Talon zippers

767fo

nogbat said:
have allready ordered ... :twisted: the sickness continues... :eek:

Did you happen to ask if they changed the pattern (fit) from their last version? Thanks

Roughwear

This latest up-grade from ELC is impressive in terms of price ;) and that the hh has real character and will develop more as it breaks in. There are still some minor differences between this repro and originals from this contract. They have yet to nail the collar shape. Olive drab thread was not used on this contract although it was on the 27752 contract. BTW Crown zips were not normally used on the 27752 contract-double marked Talons were. John the pocket flaps were narrower on 27752 contract.

johnwayne

Hey Andrew when you say impressive price I take it you mean impressively high?
Sure looks a nice jacket but crikey, £650 for a repro is getting crazy dont you think? Yes ELC are artisans like JC/Goodwear and true, their jackets are now more faithful to the original makers they are emulating but thats still a lot of money, albeit if there's the demand I'm guessing Gary feels he's pricing it accordingly. With shipping from the US added to a Goodwear, this is on a par or thereabouts and poss why it's priced so. As an owner of an early ELC 1401 I wonder how this migfht affect s/hand values??

cheers
Wayne
PS going to Duxford on 22nd May?

Roughwear

Wayne, I do think the price is high, but I'm aware that the price of Italian hh is higher than the hh which was used in earlier versions. I have owned ELC 1401-P A2s and found the hide was quite similar to originals. ELC original maker A2s will continue to command decent prices on Ebay and I doubt if the new version will have much impact on prices of the older jackets.

£650 is very similar to the price of GW, but GW A2s are closer to originals IMO and are worth the money IMO. Of course you might be hit by customs charges from the USA.

nogbat

i purchased a goodwear star sportswear a2 2 years ago on e bay for 450pounds in the states and got hit... by customs for 178 pounds i wouldnt buy through ebay in the states again .. by the way that said jacket will be on e bay uk any day now size 46 ,,, eyes peeled ... :twisted:

johnwayne

"got hit... by customs" - must confess thats always a problem that concrens me.
Partly its due to the description of the item and partly I think to how the local delivery source view it. I've bought a couple of shirts fromt he US in the past and paid almost the same in tax - bought a jacket from Goodwear and JC described it as 'used' albeit it had only been tried on for photo purposes - at considerably more than the sshirts I didnt pay any tax at all both coming to me via the Post Office!!

cheers
Wayne