• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Roughwear?

khiattP-51

Oh no...not another. I must have one too! There will soon be several ELC Rough Wears and one from Real McCoy's from my closet up for sale.

shanghai joe

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...........the journey restarts

neeeeeeeeeeeeigh.............baaaaaaaaaaaaaah.................mooooooooooo: can't make out the hide

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:

neeeeeeeeeeeeigh.............baaaaaaaaaaaaaah.................mooooooooooo: can't make out the hide

Two guesses-horse or cow! :)

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

Two guesses-horse or cow! :)

ummmmmmmmm can't tell cos I didn't bother looking it up!

Guilty as charged :oops:

airfrogusmc

Did anyone else notice how thin and grainy the hide looks to be on the original on the right side by the pocket (left as you look at the photo).

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
Did anyone else notice how thin ...

Not really, looks like 2.5, 3.0 oz. hide to my eyes. :cool:

Chandler

:lol: :lol: well my PERFECT micrometer and scale eyes say its thin and grainy :p
comparison1.jpg

Chandler

Wrinkly, maybe -- but your "perfect" eyes can't measure thickness Col. Austin... ;)

Take a look at the 3 jackets of which I posted images -- can you tell which one has the thicker hide?

But yeah, choices are always good -- especially in flight jackets, beer, and mutual funds! :D

Chandler

JRaptor

airfrogusmc said:
Nice to have some alternatives to the same ole same ole aint it?

Amen to that... these guy's either really don't like GW or they are extremely jealous that they don't have one! I know I am, so as soon as I can afford one my moneys going to GW!

It’s ok to like your Eastman’s and RMNZ’s still, even your (dare I say it) Aero’s, but GW is the end of the line bare none… 1942 in a box.

T-Bolt

Hey Jeff (rotenhahn),

I went to the listing for Good Wear Leather Coat Co. that I have under "My Favorites" and after searching around John's website, I could not find any of the information that is listed under the link you supplied. Specifically, under what topic in John's Table of Contents did you find the information for the new Rough Wear A-2 listed?? Thanks!

Ted

Chandler

JRaptor said:
Amen to that... these guy's either really don't like GW or they are extremely jealous that they don't have one!

Did anyone say anything against GW? I didn't see anything...

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
Wrinkly, maybe -- but your "perfect" eyes can't measure thickness Col. Austin... ;)

Take a look at the 3 jackets of which I posted images -- can you tell which one has the thicker hide?

But yeah, choices are always good -- especially in flight jackets, beer, and mutual funds! :D

Chandler

OF Course I can but then I've got micrometer vision :lol: :lol:

This is my point exactly. I think there were those saying the hide on my Dubow was to thin. I was just using the same criteria. It really varies allot. On the front near the pockets its thin but not to thin and is heavier near the shoulders and the back is 1/2 oz heavier and not near as grainy and one of the panels on the bottom of the sleeve is a bit heavier than the top panel and the top is very grainy and the bottom is not. All is well within what I've seen on some originals. And don't forget I asked for as much grainy hide John thought would still be in line with some originals.