• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Patched N-2b Skyline E series

oose

Hi all,

Just picked up my latest jacket, N-2b E from around 1967, this one is very minty only one small nip in the waist, otherwise it basically brand new!, It is patched with a lovely 328th bomb squadron patch and named to a Capt Sturm. I've been looking for a authentic patched N-2b for a long time, one crossed of the list! One interesting feature is the arm pocket has a 'GENERAL' zip while all others are conmar, I've never seen a general zip, scovill zippers come in just after this model, so this must be the last conmar zipped jacket before the transition to scovill.

All the best
stu

watchmanjimg

General zips appear in certain contracts for flight gear from the mid-'70s and thereafter. I can't guarantee it of course, but what about the possibility of the slider having been replaced after the fact? All our evidence suggests the original should have been a Conmar.

oose

Hi,

...but what about the possibility of the slider having been replaced after the fact? All our evidence suggests the original should have been a Conmar.
I thought the same at first, but I can see no sign of any stitching being messed with, and with the rest of the jacket is such new condition I can only conclude that its original to the jacket. I searching on the net but am yet to find the identical Skyline contract to compare it with.

marco77 said:
Anyone knows if modern repro of thi parka(like Alpha) are warm ??
marco
most modern repro don't compare for my money, have not seen the buzz, but you could buy quite a few originals for the price of one buzz.

All the best
stu