• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New painted M-41 447th Bomb Squadron

A

Anonymous

504.jpg
518.jpg
498.jpg
511.jpg
550.jpg
An inexpensive repro, I was going to take the sleeve stitching out, and restitch on the inside, as originals were done that way, but I will let a buyer from ebay deal with that. The skeleton was nose art I found and decided to use. I did find the quality was pretty good considering it is a WPG.

ties70

Nice!!!

What kind of paint have you used for this one?

The "Sweetie Pie" over in the "Patches" section was done with diluted textile paint, so I had to fix it by ironing the jacket from the left side...after that it was washed cold for 30 minutes and sundried in an hour at 85°F. It ended up with a nice faded look.

It would be great to hear how your procedure was and how you treated the jacket to make sure the art stays where it should be....

Best regards

Ties

A

Anonymous

The white, and yellow are fabric paint, the red and black are sharpee. I just sprayed water on top of the design, and then ironed the back using a cheese cloth .

a2jacketpatches

ties70 said:
Nice!!!

What kind of paint have you used for this one?

The "Sweetie Pie" over in the "Patches" section was done with diluted textile paint, so I had to fix it by ironing the jacket from the left side...after that it was washed cold for 30 minutes and sundried in an hour at 85°F. It ended up with a nice faded look.

It would be great to hear how your procedure was and how you treated the jacket to make sure the art stays where it should be....

Best regards

Ties

In order for the fabric paint to be permanent and not fade, a heat press must be used, the microscopic droplets of moisture in the paint need to be forced out at about 250 - 300 degrees. So this jacket will fade considerably if washed. Sharpie on the other hand, will most likely bleed a bit when it gets wet especially if there is any type of sizing within the fabric, but if washed, it will at least even it out.

Using an already diluted paint on Sweetie Pie was a good choice as it would, and has faded evenly. If not diluted and washed, it would have resulted in a blotchy appearance due to brush strokes pushing the paint into the fabric further in some areas.

I just got this Parsons version on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170733561630?ss ... 1439.l2649
I plan to use oil based paints and see what happens. I'm gonna ask the guy for some fabric scraps to experiment with and probably offer these items on a regular basis once it's all figured out. I'd like to show any potential customers what will happen over time and exactly how it will age.

A

Anonymous

My only washing concern would be the patch, haven't figured that one out.

Peter Graham

Nice work. I'd been planning something very similar based around a 379th BG patch but I sold the patch so the project is on the back burner but it will happen eventually.

ausreenactor

Very impressive work. I envy the guys who can put their ideas to a jacket. I would go through a shit tin of jackets...

Couchy