New order placed...

Discussion in 'Repros' started by wop54, Nov 13, 2016.

1. wop54

wop54 Member

Hello Everybody, after a while i'm back to the a2 "business" and just placed an order for an Aero of Scotland Bronco, Seal Goatskin with rust knits :):):). Never owned a Goatskin A2, what do you think, is it a good choice? Any opinion? (still in time to change the order....).

Roughwear likes this.
  2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

original wwll broncos were made of cow, hh and goat. the ones that i have handled, and have seen were all in a true russet or slightly darker russet unless redyed seal. originals tend to fit slightly snug in the waist with ample shoulder and upper chest room. years ago, i had an aero-scotland made bronco and found it to be very well made, and true to originals in design, proportions, and details.

wop54 likes this.
  3. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with goatskin. Good choice.

wop54 likes this.
  4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Welcome back Carlo and I hope you enjoy your new A2 when it arrives.

wop54 likes this.
  5. Rutger

Rutger Active Member

Goat is good. A bit more supple than horse I'd say. The grain is way different of course.

6. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

best of luck with it. Goat is super, I seem to recall you are a horse guy, maybe HH hits close to home these days?

7. wop54

wop54 Member

I must confess that lately when I wear hh in the stables always feel like somebody's watching me.... :)

8. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

I am in my fifth year of being around horses all the time and second year of horse ownership (my daughter rides) and yes, wearing HH is starting to not feel as good. ;)

wop54 likes this.
  9. Rutger

Rutger Active Member

What leather are saddles made off?

10. wop54

wop54 Member

Good question, cowhide mainly I reckon, never heard of saddles made of HH... could be awkward...

Attached Files:

11. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

typically cowhide but synthetics are really becoming really popular for/as competitive saddles.