• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mash Co A-2 decal

virgil-hilts said:
Jaguar46 said:
cmk-2 said:
Guys, I have bought and applied the mash AAF decal. Works and looks the part. If you have ever built model aircraft then you know how to apply the decal. When I had John make my "Great Escape jacket in '08 he applied the decal. Their are pictures on the form of it. Just look for them been 2 years now of HARD wear and the decal has flaked a bit BUT that's what the originals do. If you want it right you have to go with a water transfer decal NOT painted. If you get it painted (and it does look good and I do own some of his art work) it not correct. Just know the tips and tricks of applying water type decals.

I am in the process of converting my Eastman Roughwear into a V. Hilts jacket. And have the Mash kit on order. Do you have pictures of your jacket? I have studied the movie images, and the one confusing thing about the jacket is regarding the epaulets. Does it have a Captain rank insignia? In the movie images I cannot see that it does.

Hi ,
look at this picture for the rank insignia :

I think that captain rank were deleted , the leather in this epaulets is marked

TOMG1401

you guys better re-watch the film, the first time he gets sent to the cooler by the commandant, the commandant calls him Hilts, McQueen flip over his collar to where the Captain bars are ( underside of collar) and says " That's CAPTAIN Hilts"

cmk-2

I have a few pictures of my MASH decal on my Good Wear A-2 after a few years of HARD wear, but can't figure out how to post a picture without doing photobucket. Other fourms it's a simple process of saving to desktop and then a few clicks and done. So if you would like to see how this decal wears send me an PM and I'll email them to you.
Robin

omarco

Here's a mash decal on my D1, been meaning to do it for ages but only go around to it yesterday, really pleased with the result. Iv scuffed it up a little to make it look a bit less new..