• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mash Co A-2 decal

Hamsterbear

Yeah, I ordered two from a website Diamond Dave has linked on his site, but i haven't applied them yet.
I just picked up an early 1980's Eastman on ebay, and when I get it I'll put it on the shoulder.
-Brian

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
How do you apply the decal by heat ?

The ad states that it's a water transfer, but it does look complicated.

A six page instruction booklet? And amongst the many items included ... "natural horse oil".

I don't even know what that is. :?

RAYMUNDO

I think decals are very tricky to apply. I bought some from Garcia and after two attempts to apply them properly to an A-2 jacket wthout success I gave up. You really have to know what you are doing to apply them properly. Maybe the Mash version is easier, but for a little more money you can have it painted on. For me, that is the way to go. Good luck.

Ray ;)

bseal

Buzzthetower mentioned to me that he tried several times to get the decals to adhere properly to his clients' jackets, but to no avail.

Based upon his analysis I had Jerome paint one on my Dubow.

IMG_3043-1.jpg

And again here but with a heavy flash

IMG_3040-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

IMG_3040-1.jpg
[/quote]

If you told me this was a decal I would believe you .Wonderful job ! .May I ask what does he charge per decal .

All the best Jeff

mclmm

Amazing work!

I've just had shipping confirmation from MASH, so I'll let you all know how I go.

A couple of nights ago I applied my second decal from ebay seller "US Country Store". I bought them a couple of years ago but didn't apply one to the A2 until about 8 months ago. These are are iron on ones and the instructions (in Chinglish) were minimal to say the least. The decal started flaking off a few weeks later so I removed it fully. The second one I applied in a more rigorous fashion and sprayed over it with an artist's matte seal. I've also wiped a very light coat of brown oil paint over it which not only helps it look "antique", but also works to doubly seal the decal. Seems to be OK so far, but after the first one, I'm not confident, hence my purchase of the MASH kit.

mclmm

Hi there fellows,

I can confirm that the ebay "US Country Store" AAF decals are a waste of time and money. Three days later and my second one is coming off. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

No amount of preparation and care seems to make a difference.

When my MASH water transfer decal arrives I will document the process with my camera and post the experience here.

Curahee

Vcruiser said:
Jerome painted my AAF arm roundel as well.
Great work...and won't flake off.
Van

Yeah about that, I have an ELC.50 CAL jacket with an AAF decal and it's very durable maybe it's too durable and new looking for a "Time-worn" jacket so I gave it the "ducktape treatment" and it looks just a little worn but not flaky, just perfect. And btw it took some effort to damge it just a litte

bseal

So at this juncture, no one has actually bought and applied the MASH decal. Interesting....

omarco

An old thread i know, but i just wanted to find out if anyone has used the MASH decal successfully yet? i am thinking of applying one to my D1 but am a little unsure.. are they easy to remove if they go wrong?

I'd love to see a picture of a successful application..

Thanks!

cmk-2

Guys, I have bought and applied the mash AAF decal. Works and looks the part. If you have ever built model aircraft then you know how to apply the decal. When I had John make my "Great Escape jacket in '08 he applied the decal. Their are pictures on the form of it. Just look for them been 2 years now of HARD wear and the decal has flaked a bit BUT that's what the originals do. If you want it right you have to go with a water transfer decal NOT painted. If you get it painted (and it does look good and I do own some of his art work) it not correct. Just know the tips and tricks of applying water type decals.

Members online

Latest posts