• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new line of tanker jacket (2013) "At the front"

havocpaul

Looks ok although they seem too often to make excuses for short-comings, for example they say the cuffs aren't tubes which would have cost $10 more to make but really, surely most looking for an accurate Tanker would rather pay a bit extra and get it 100% correct.

foster

Several years ago I owned one of their earlier jackets made with the seamed cuffs like this one. The seamed cuffs were a bit of a nuisance for me, more noticeable when worn.
For the difference in price, the WWII Impressions current offering is much better in my honest opinion.

CBI

I had 2 of their Tankers and I liked them both. WW2 Impressions is probably more authentic. I was spoiled owning a Good Wear Tanker (one of only 2 made). Now THAT is an awesome repro Tanker but they won't be made again.

ausreenactor

If you are a 36-42 you can pick up a decent Buzz Tanker on Yahoo. A Superior Togs B-10 in a 42 went for $200 the other day.. I was out at Ferrari World and missed it, but did ride the fastest Roller Coaster in the World. I can get a BR B-10 any day!

Couchy..

269sqnhudson

I always find the stitching way too fragile on ATF Tankers. The thread's way too thin. I had numerous breakages on my two :-(
World War Two Impressions are far superior and the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Phantomfixer

I have a ATF tanker, a few years old, I wear it regularly at work in the winter. Granted nothing physical, but still outside moving and grooving...It has held up well over the years...Even wear it occiasionally when driving the old 46 Willys MB-2a..

Spot on no

My ATF M43 field jacket??? every button fell off...good material and seams, bad buttons!

Monsoon

Phantomfixer said:
IMy ATF M43 field jacket??? every button fell off...good material and seams, bad buttons!

Someone once said that ATF clothing seemed to be allergic to buttons. I know I had a few fall off my M42 trousers.

foster

Agreed, the ATF buttons are sewn on with this thin synthetic spiders silk type thread. Not the heavy cotton of the originals.

I've reviewed several of the garments made by ATF for a friend's website. The M43 jacket is one that they have progressively worsened over the years. The newest ones have some notable patterning flaws.

Monsoon

foster said:
I've reviewed several of the garments made by ATF for a friend's website. The M43 jacket is one that they have progressively worsened over the years. The newest ones have some notable patterning flaws.

What website is this? I'd be interested to read your reviews.

Steve H

Watch the popularity of tankers go through the roof when "Fury" is released next year. So NOW everyone likes tanks!