• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Insurrection Horsehide Aero Leather 1930s Half Belt

CryptoDave

I sold my Aero Hercules and decided to go with an Insurrection modified Aero 1930s Half Belt in Black.

After speaking to Wade, who was great, we decided to go with a size 38 even though I measure a 39, because these jackets are cut a bit big.

The jacket feels great, doesnt feel overly tight and has room for a sweater.

Now all I have to do is break this beast.

If you are at all unsure of how a jacket will fit, as I was, I would highly recommend Insurrection.

Here are the pics, let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave

untitled_zps2b3ccffb.jpg

untitled-3_zps534d0307.jpg

untitled-2_zpsfc9eab87.jpg

jack aranda

Sweet. Sweet. Sweet. The cuffs look long, but, are, in fact, the way I like them, I don't like cold hands. The rest of the fit is great. Have a great time 'taming the beast'. Thanks for the pics.

CryptoDave

jack aranda said:
Sweet. Sweet. Sweet. The cuffs look long, but, are, in fact, the way I like them, I don't like cold hands. The rest of the fit is great. Have a great time 'taming the beast'. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks. From what I've been told, because this is a FQHH jacket the arms will ride up a bit as it breaks in and develops folds.

Dave

Harlock

CryptoDave said:
jack aranda said:

Thanks. From what I've been told, because this is a FQHH jacket the arms will ride up a bit as it breaks in and develops folds.

Dave

Nice fit other than the sleeves. If the arm length doesn't shrink up you can always get it tailored an inch.

ButteMT61

I've spent a lifetime with too-short™ sleeves. I go long now too. They will in fact move upward when it starts to get wrinkles. And if you ever ride a motorbike, you'll want that length too. Besides, even the hipsters like 'em like that :lol:

Jaguar46

For those of us with short arms, sleeves which don't go past the wrist are a gift. If this was my jacket, I would definitely shorten the sleeves, after it is properly broken in. They may shorten up by about 1/2 inch after breakin, but in my experience, not much more.

What are the modifications by Insurrection?

HHjackets

sleeves are already wrinkled and are too long. they will not shorten enough to fit properly.
you've already done the cuffs, and the cuffs are so low they are in the palm of your hand, whatever you want to grab, or put your hand in your pocket they will be in the way not to mention poking someone in the eye!
wearing it while walking or while riding a motorbike are two different things.

Who

I have never had my sleeves shorten noticeably by wear over 25 years and dozens of jackets.

They are a bit too long for me but Bruce Willis likes em that way, so who knows? It's a cracking jacket. Love it.

CryptoDave

@Who: Thanks, I'm really enjoying it. Oddly enough when I drive the sleeves ride up just the right amount, not too long.

Dave.

CryptoDave

@Who: I'm guessing, and it's an educated guess, somerwhere about 5-6lbs? It does feel quite heavy and substantial given its a stiff FQHH.

Dave

I should weigh it on a scale, never occurred to me to do.

Dave

Who

I'd be happy if you did weight it, I want one but if it weighs more than 6 pounds I'm out. It's too warm down here.

CryptoDave

OK I tried to weigh the jacket. Did a rough weigh off the bathroom scale so it's probably not that accurate, if anything this scale is a little over. It weighed roughly 6lbs.

I don't know where you live, but one way to control the relative amount of heat generated is by the lining you select. I went with a black twill.

Good luck and let me know what you think.

Dave

Who

CryptoDave said:
OK I tried to weigh the jacket. Did a rough weigh off the bathroom scale so it's probably not that accurate, if anything this scale is a little over. It weighed roughly 6lbs.

I don't know where you live, but one way to control the relative amount of heat generated is by the lining you select. I went with a black twill.

Good luck and let me know what you think.

Dave

Thanks for that. I find that if leather is heavy it is pretty hard to wear over here. Sounds like I could get away with that.

Who

I just got one like this - a 1930's Aero half-belt - with a slightly more ornate yolk. Very nice thing. My first horsehide. HH is fabulous - very dense leather but (mine was broken in by the person I got it from) soft and lustrous. It weights about 5.3pounds. Not too bad. The pattern is great a stock 42 fits me really well. Sorry no photos.