• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW GW DUBOW 27798

Persimmon

Andrew
Its a mighty fine jacket indeed to add to your collection.
What next I wonder.
With some wear it will look sensational.

Will you be wearing this in May to Duxford ?
What is the measurement on the shoulders ?
Normally in my size 40 jackets its a 18" shoulder to shoulder but on my Dubow only 16.5"
I understand the construction is different.

Is there a difference in your size too ?

saucerfiend

Andrew,
Man, that jacket looks great! And a perfect fit too. Could you post side by side pics of the front shot of you wearing your new Dubow and you wearing a vintage one with the collar in the same position?

Brian

Roughwear

Persimmon said:
Andrew
Its a mighty fine jacket indeed to add to your collection.
What next I wonder.
With some wear it will look sensational.

Will you be wearing this in May to Duxford ?
What is the measurement on the shoulders ?
Normally in my size 40 jackets its a 18" shoulder to shoulder but on my Dubow only 16.5"
I understand the construction is different.

Is there a difference in your size too ?

The jacket measures 18.5" across the shoulders, 23" pit to pit, 25" along the sleeve, 25" down the back from the base of the collar and 22.5" down the windflap. I normally wear a wartime size 44 A2s. I have not decided what jacket I'll be wearing to Duxford in May. If is cold then an Irvin would be sensible. I might wear an original A2 or one of my wartime naval goatskin jackets-an M422A, AN6552 or AN-J-3A! :)

Roughwear

saucerfiend said:
Andrew,
Man, that jacket looks great! And a perfect fit too. Could you post side by side pics of the front shot of you wearing your new Dubow and you wearing a vintage one with the collar in the same position?

Brian

Brian, here is a picture of an original size 42 from the same contract which was taken a few years back for comparison. All the knits were replaced on the original Dubow.

Picture164a.jpg
516.jpg

PADDY_M

Grant said:
Here's a posted before of my GW Dubow.
Dubow-3.jpg

GREAT JFK look going on there Grant with that marvellous GW on you. I'm assuming Norma Jean was just out of shot down there in Cape Cod :)

Roughwear

I have worn the Dubow almost every day for the last couple of weeks and it got plenty of wear when I went to Amsterdam this week. It is breaking in nicely now. The sheen is now much less pronounced and the arms have wrinkled nicely. It has not had any hot water treatment, just honest wear! I'll post some pics at the weekend.

Roughwear

Here are some pics of my GW Dubow after two weeks wear. It is beginning to break in now and the hh is developing a nice character found on originals from this contract.

005-40.jpg

004-36.jpg

007-40.jpg

003-34.jpg

006-40.jpg

002-34.jpg

CR141

Roughwear said:
Here are some pics of my GW Dubow after two weeks wear. It is beginning to break in now and the hh is developing a nice character found on originals from this contract.

005-40.jpg

004-36.jpg

007-40.jpg

003-34.jpg

006-40.jpg

002-34.jpg

Excellent Andrew.

CR141

I was browsing Johns' site and noticed a 27798 under new jacket productions. I e mailed John and asked him if it was available. He responded that it was. The jacket arrived April 21. It's a size 46 and I was confident that the fit would be good(it is).

Johns' workmanship and attention to detail is outstanding. Inside the left pocket is a label stating that it was made from genuine front quarter horsehide and the Army Air Forces stencil on the liner is a nice touch. The hide is already showing some nice grain and will show even more as the jacket breaks in. The zipper is a reproduction Talon with a vintage slider and works flawlessly.

The jacket is a magnificent work of art and I'll wear it with pride.

At the present time I don't have a camera, so I'll provide a link to pics that John sent me.

www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Dubow27798_No3_46/

To say I'm happy would be an understatement :D

Roughwear

Here are some pictures taken indoors today after 18 months of regular wear. The leather is showing signs of wear now with the dark base coat showing through at the collar for example. The wrinkling on the sleeves is much more pronounced than when I last photographed this jacket in April 2011. The lining is getting grubby at the neck just like on worn originals! This Dubow has been mistaken for an original by several people who collect jackets which is a testament to the accuracy of John Chapman's craftmanship.

001-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

johnwayne

Hey Andrew
cracking jacket - let me know when you're fed up with it or just wish to move it on!! My next jacket is def a seal + berry knit!!
Cheers
Wayne

A

Anonymous

Absolutely the BOMB, beautiful jacket, color, stitching, and all components, just wonderful.

Roughwear

johnwayne said:
Hey Andrew
cracking jacket - let me know when you're fed up with it or just wish to move it on!! My next jacket is def a seal + berry knit!!
Cheers
Wayne

This Dubow is very happy with me Wayne, but thanks for the suggestion. :lol: