• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW 18091

A

Anonymous

Here's photos of my GW 18091 jacket. It's basically a size 44 1/2- about like a WW2 44 with longer sleeves. It's made of dark russet- inside it looks seal colored but outside it's more brown. The leather is very close to what I imagine 18091 leather was like when new- in real life it is too dark but I'm OK with that. it is beautifully sewn with dark brown thread and has a WW2 straight puller Talon like the original. IMO it is a tad small for me but well within WW2 parameters- I have plenty of room in it- it just seems a tiny bit skimpy. If I weighed what I did 3 years ago (185 lbs.) it would be too small but at my current 170 it fits fine bodywise. The outstanding feature of this particular jacket is how much the collar just sits in that Roughwear way with no fussing- this is a beautiful RW collar IMO. Check it out:
100_2690copy.jpg

100_2689copy.jpg

100_2687copy.jpg

100_2685copy.jpg

100_2684copy.jpg

A

Anonymous

I know the leather is too dark for most 18091s I've seen which weren't redyes but I like to imagine it is on the edge of real life looking as it does a lot like this jacket:
A-2jacketcopy.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the compliment- a bit embarrassing since I used to complain about the forum being all "Nice jacket" and "Looks great" and now I'm here too! ;) Anyway- I guess I'm used to larger GW RWs that I'ver gotten over the years- this actually fits like a 44 original 1401p I had which I loved but for the short sleeves...

Dr H

Oh yeah the jacket fits very well, but with that collar? :twisted:

;)

Enjoy, it's weathering really well Jeff. The conclusion from the wartime image is that the pattern, collar shape included, has been really well executed.
In terms of colouring, I appreciate what you're saying, but the variation was wide. My goatskin Perrys ranged through different shades (typically becoming paler as they aged, judging by the interior of the pockets).
Cheers
Ian

Roughwear

Your RW 18091 looks spot on Jeff. The new Indian goatskin is remarkably close to wartime goatskin. Wear it in good health. :)

omarco

Hey thats a sweet looking jacket! and its a great fit on you.... dude ;)

hanging out here is slowly revising how i like my A2's to fit.

A

Anonymous

omarco:
and its a great fit on you.... dude

Thanks man- I wish I could naturally "dude" back but it sounds funny coming from a 58 year old man!

ButteMT61

rotenhahn said:
How does the Dudette like it..?

Dudette has had about a gutload of jackets! "They all look the same!" :D

My wife says the same of my jackets, boots, watches, etc. I let her think that as long as I'm allowed to go shopping. In turn, I let her add to her glass collection of Victorian glass that "all looks alike" :lol: