• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gibson & Barnes Classic

herk115

My new G & B Classic arrived yesterday. I'd decided even before I ordered it that I'd make it look as much as possible like John Young's jacket (also a G & B Classic) as a salute to the grand old man. After a session with the sewing machine last night I got pretty much there. The NASA "meatball" isn't what I'd prefer, but it was the closest one in my collection to what he's wearing. Sorry about the poor quality of my own image; the best I could do with my self timer and kitchen lighting. My studio equipment is long gone. I'm really digging this jacket and may take out a second mortgage on the house so I can get another one.

Skip

Lookin good Herk, and I think the lighting for the image works really well. a classic it is in all respects... :D

Good job! John Young is such a stud! I meet him and Bob Crippen at LAX right after they made the first spaceflight in the Space Shuttle.