New (?) Eastman BoB Irvin

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by John Lever, Nov 6, 2016.

1. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

2. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

It looks like an early ELC BoB jacket which has clearly had little or no wear. The price is a little high.

3. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

It does look unworn but Gary has been using broken grain for ten years ?

4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Well it is a pre-broken grain jacket, probably around 15 years old.

5. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Hmm....that's one of the new type labels. I don't think it's quite that old but certainly far from new. I find that there are now many dealers with limited knowledge on ebay that push their luck as far as facts are concerned.
    I recently enquired about an ELC Anj4 for sale in Australia for sale at well overy list price.(1220 gbp) The seller describes it as 'made under licence Size XL ' so I thought it might be a 42/44. After a genuine enquiry I suggested that they use the term Eastman Anj4. Upon reply I received a very rude abusive message , even though the seller us totally clueless. If you want a laugh ask some questions about the jacket here -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262574304710?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

6. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

7. daw

daw Member

John,

I am in the market for an ANJ4. Do you suppose this is a 46? I see on the Eastman site they're only 950 pounds new; what do you suppose one of these in new condition should reasonably sell for second hand on ebay? And how do you regard this one compared to Aero?

Not too sure I would want to deal with a clueless seller so far away, in any case. I think it would have to be a remarkable bargain to entice me under the circumstances.

Thanks,

Dennis

8. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Look at the listing page not the description. Condition NEW

9. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Dennis,
    Don't buy the Australian jacket it's too expensive. Eastman and Aero make excellent Anj4's so it's just personal choice or cost and whether you like regular or broken grain skins.