• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ATF B-10 jacket photos

bob capa

original patterns???

haha

if the patterns are as original as his GI hbt trousers (too low too small) i will save my money and spend it with the Japs

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
I don't like the pocket flaps ... He claimes that his jackets are copied from original patterns, yet the Tanker I bought from him is blousy.

ATF bought a Buzz B-10 from Couchy on eBay ... a Stagg, the one with the scalloped pocket flaps.

I'm assuming this was the basis for his own repro.

ausreenactor

It's not my fault :oops: It was a Buy It Now...

I am sure there are hundreds who will be happy with the ATF fare. They put out a good Tanker for the price. I have never had
quality issues with any of their gear. I did pop a lift-the-dot on a cartridge belt once but an easy fix.

Between them and WPG they fill the wish lists of many guys like me, who piece together a complete outfit and then NEVER wear it??
I give them 7/10 for effort alone. Easier to not make one! No outlay and risk of loss.

Gimme a second hand BR any day for that price though!

Couchy

zoomer

bob capa said:
original patterns???

haha

if the patterns are as original as his GI hbt trousers (too low too small) i will save my money and spend it with the Japs

In this price range there are no original patterns.
You adapt standard sized patterns because that's what the mfr is set up for.
Anything else, they charge you more, and you charge the consumer more.

bob capa

First off Zoomer

yes i agree with you as i work in a company that manufactures certain things for high end customers and i know all to well about dealing with manufacturers that wont change small little things but if you are offering the best make it the best or crazy people will spot the mistakes

secondly he claims to use original uniforms, boots etc to make his repro stuff and fair enough that that should be the case but after purchasing and seeing a few of his latest efforts like for example USMC P41 utilities with a crotch area so small they end up as hippster trousers and on the GI HBT trousers the pockets are way to low and to small compared to originals

but look im with Couchy as well ill continue to buy stuff off atthefront but ill vent and bitch about it on forums like this ;)

PS sorry to get off the topic but to get back on i own a BR B-10 awesome jacket but ill get a ATF one why? just because its there to be bought. :D

Bob

zoomer said:
bob capa said:
original patterns???

haha

In this price range there are no original patterns.
You adapt standard sized patterns because that's what the mfr is set up for.
Anything else, they charge you more, and you charge the consumer more.

delta102uk

Cobblers161 said:
First impressions are pretty good, I'd be interested to see the first VLJ review and detail photos. At $250 I'd probably take the plunge and have a half decent jacket that I'd didn't feel like babying. I justy hope the sizing isn't as wayward as their tankers!

....I was thinking about buying one of there Tankers, just how wayward is there sizing?...I take a 44 in an A-2, G-1

Cheers
Sean K

dav3469

delta102uk said:
Cobblers161 said:
First impressions are pretty good, I'd be interested to see the first VLJ review and detail photos. At $250 I'd probably take the plunge and have a half decent jacket that I'd didn't feel like babying. I justy hope the sizing isn't as wayward as their tankers!

....I was thinking about buying one of there Tankers, just how wayward is there sizing?...I take a 44 in an A-2, G-1

Cheers
Sean K

I would go a size down. Just got my Tanker from them a couple weeks back. I take a 48-50 (leaning heavy on the 50) which equates at least to XXL. I am glad I went a size down with the ATF Tanker as it fits well, still has room for layering. Their XXL would have been like a bag on me, The XL is great.

A

Anonymous

Bob Capa -

Great point, I noticed this problem with ATF's new USMC trousers as well!! He finally makes the correct pattern, hidden buttons, no watch pocket, and then doesn't make them high waisted enough?

In terms of the B10, I think, just like the ATF's tanker, it will likely be cut more generously than originals, especially in terms of the shoulder placement. In ATFs defense, I think they consider themselves a more general outfitter for reenactors than a specialty dealer like, for examle, Goodwear that would be on the other end of the spectrum. So, their patterns are cut to fit a more general portion of the population. However, you could always downsize or have the jacket tailored, at least in the body area, to eliminate the blousy effect if it fits that way on you.

I don't have a problem with the cut or the collar, but like most of you I really dislike that lining. Also, ATF is not offering a version without the decal, which I would prefer not to have on my B10's. For those two reasons I will likely not purchase one.

Again, in all fairness I don't think ATF's intention is to become that specialty company for any one item - They are certainly not a flight jacket company - and I think they know it, so you get about the type of jacket that you would get from a more general WWII reproduction company.

Best to all -

Bill K.