• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ATF B-10 jacket photos

Weasel_Loader

Here they are. Doesn't look too bad from the outside, but that inside shot looks like 1970s shag carpet. :?

Worth $250? I'd say yes. ;)

ATFB-101.jpg

ATFB-102.jpg

ATFB-103.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks for the pictures, Danny ...

I still don't like the use of synthetics, or the incorrect sizing.

Our jackets are top quality- comparable (or better) then the high-end coats that cost 3 times as much. OD Cotton sateen exterior, wool/poly fleece lining (looks original but it's not...), fake-fur collar, Talon zipper, and realistic labels

http://www.atthefront.com/us_uni_B10.html

Tim P

I welcome it. my ELC RW will do mejust dandy but this is a decent price for a jacket that offers good detail and compromises only on the use of synthetics where necessary. Higher spec jackets will still be there for us snobs but this will be a welcome addition to whats about. Far east jackets and the (intentionally) lighter weight option from Pike bros occupy the mid ground and the ATF one stands alongside these well. I suspect the carpet like liner will be easier to wear than some of the horse blanket stuff Buzz have used despite their good standing.

ausreenactor

I think they goofed on the decal position? Price is on par with a smaller sized Buzz on Yahoo?

I heard that every time they sell one....a wolf gets it!!

Couchy

kevlarg

The liner is definitely crazy furry but real alpaca fur is crazy uncomfortable so it might be one inaccuracy I could live with...

Cobblers161

First impressions are pretty good, I'd be interested to see the first VLJ review and detail photos. At $250 I'd probably take the plunge and have a half decent jacket that I'd didn't feel like babying. I justy hope the sizing isn't as wayward as their tankers!

veli1

Cobblers161 said:
First impressions are pretty good, I'd be interested to see the first VLJ review and detail photos. At $250 I'd probably take the plunge and have a half decent jacket that I'd didn't feel like babying. I justy hope the sizing isn't as wayward as their tankers!

I'm not an expert in WW2 jackets, A2's or B-10's but definitely this ATF jacket is too blousy and not so accurate WW2 repro.

Stony

They claim the lining on their B-10 is just like the originals. What, in color? A vague at best desription. However, if it indeed doesn't "itch" like an original, I'm with kevlarg and might order one.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
I still don't like the use of synthetics, or the incorrect sizing.
Agreed. I don't see the appeal. You can probably get a used Buzz for a similar price, unless you need a large size. Otherwise, if you want a repro B-10, pay the extra and get the real deal...not that I'm a stickler for every little detail, but to me, that looks like a "cheap" jacket. If you just want a warm, comfortable jacket to wear, then get a warm, comfortable jacket, not a bad B-10 copy.

Weasel_Loader

Well put! I still cannot get over the interior shag. I'd really have to have the jacket in my hands to evaluate before a purchase.

Peter Graham

The zipper sucks. Sorry for being snobbish but if I wanted a B-10 I would buy an original or a Buzz/Eastman jaxcket. In for a penny...

deand

What is it about the zipper? Is "talon" the wrong brand, or is it it the wrong "talon"?

dean

kevlarg

deand said:
What is it about the zipper? Is "talon" the wrong brand, or is it it the wrong "talon"?

dean

It is probably a modern talon repro of an older style. ATF itself says that modern talons suck (i.e. sharp and flimsy). I guess that is one of the other reason's you pay more for a japanese repro or an eastman or mccoy, these companies have had good reproductions made of the old-school zippers.

Peter Graham

deand said:
Dean, the silver Talon is way wrong for a B-10. Every original B-10 I've seen has a brass Conmar. It makes all the difference. There's different Conmars too. :?

A

Anonymous

I don't like the pocket flaps
the mouton seems nice
the lining is as you said
the cuffs, he insists on those seamed cuffs, I can't understand him.

He claimes that his jackets are copied from original patterns, yet the Tanker I bought from him is blousy.