NEW At The Front - Blue Deck Jackets - WW2

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by CBI, Dec 6, 2017.

1. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

2. Tom Bowers

Tom Bowers New Member

Looks good, I have several ATF garments and like them all.

I have an original 2nd pattern blue deck jacket and the construction of ATF's jacket looks pretty good in comparison (even with the difference in closures)

I wonder if they reproduced the US Navy stencil on the back that the originals had?
    Tom Bowers

3. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Ah it's finally been released. I remember you posting about this earlier this year CBI.

Nice looking jacket but I'm in for a tanker and that Kanaljacke when they release it.

4. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Well-Known Member

Bought the ATF N-1 a while back. The appearance was on the money and they appear to have nailed the deck jacket look/fabric quite well. Without the stencil it is almost an over priced mall/trucker jacket. I picked up a BR 42 for the same price a couple of weeks ago, forgetting I still have another on long term loan with Tim P in the UK.

Great jacket all the same and I am sure that ATF will move a LOT of these....

5. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Rolin's Facebook post is very enthusiastic about this jacket, his employees have all taken one (which never happened before). I think this is a very non-military looking jacket. I decided to give one a shot but if I don't like it, I will return after a try-on. No waiting until too late to return.

Also, their newest batch of fleece Tankers have the correct zipper length at the collar, a nice correction (not buying one though).

unclegrumpy and ausreenactor like this.
  6. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 Well-Known Member

How do they size in real world? Looks good. Thanks for posting.

7. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

jackets look pretty good so far and pricewise they are not on the real expensive side - would like to see a "fitpit" just to get an idea about the length

8. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

the second pattern blue deck jacket with the clip/metal/clasps/hooks as front closures is about a month or two out, also from ATF

9. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

arrived today, wife took to wrap as an X-Mas gift for me. so, no pics but excellent jacket ..............VERY oversized. I am a size 44 regular, I ordered a large (size 41-44) and its big. I plan on washing and drying the heck out of it so I am expecting some shrinkage so will keep it but if you are thinking of ordering either go down a size or factor in return/exchange shipping for a different size. Flip size, jacket is long(er) for a knit waisted jacket so much more practical. Very well made, recommended minus sizing issues.

10. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

THX for the details ...

just to make things complete some pics of an original

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at least on those pics the jackets do not seem to be that long - more of the length of a tanker jacket or similar ...

11. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Great photos Thomas, thanks for posting those.

12. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

FYI - I had a chance to try mine on again, too huge, returning - definitely go down a size