• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero Zip Sleeve Bootlegger

Vcruiser

Brown FQHH
Alcapa Lining
2 G1 Inside Pockets
Zip Sleeves and Chest Pocket

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0591-1.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Van

arclight

Hey Van;

Spectacular jacket.

Looks like the fit is spot on. Also looks like you're about to open up a can of whoop ass on someone!!

Good job and wear the heck outof it.

HHjackets

nice jacket, nice fit. for some reason i keep thinking (and if you don't mind me saying so) the first one you got a couple of years ago,i thought was a bit too fitted/small/short with the sleeves a bit on the short side too but this one looks really good.
how is the alpaca, i had a highwayman with itchy alpaca (even over a thin cotton shirt) and then i had another one that felt much nicer.

Vcruiser

HHjackets said:
nice jacket, nice fit. for some reason i keep thinking (and if you don't mind me saying so) the first one you got a couple of years ago,i thought was a bit too fitted/small/short with the sleeves a bit on the short side too but this one looks really good.
how is the alpaca, i had a highwayman with itchy alpaca (even over a thin cotton shirt) and then i had another one that felt much nicer.

You are right. The first Bootlegger did not fit right...and was my measuring mistake. In a hurry at the time and should have known better. Plus in my opinion this new Bootlegger is a better peice of HH with the antiqued/mottle finish rather than such a dark chocolate brown color as some of their past HH hide batches of a year or so ago.
I think that Alcapa is 'itchy' for many..but I am one of the ones that has never had an itch problem with wool. I had thought about going with Aero's new Harris tweed...but I finally chose the Alcapa again and sleeves lined with hvy drill. It's a good combo for me for all around wear and cooler seasons here in Indiana. I do have some Aero jackets that have not only heavier Alcapa lining than others...but also some that are a softer texture. This new Bootlegger Alcapa isn't nearly as coarse as my old Highwayman Alcapa and also is a heather color rather than a darker brown. Seems Aero gets different 'batches' of Alcapa as well as HH hides.
Van

Vcruiser

bseal said:
Your assessment of vintage fqhh v. fqhh.
Why fqhh this time, color, quality, etc.?

bseal
I prefer the heavy FQHH...simply because of the way it ages and breaks in. The hide tends to 'marble' with grain...and reminds me of some actual vintage HH jackets that I've owned or admired. Also the finish seems unique to Aero's Regular FQHH with a kind of translucency that more readily offers a burnished effect with the undercoat showing through. An antiqued..or more mottled effect. I only have one 'Vintage' FQHH jacket(HalfBelt)...an older one...when Aero first started using that hide. It has a more grainy..pebbly hide from the get go..but tends to have a different relaxed drape when worn. Both have their own charactoristics as they break in. However..the newer 'Vintage' FQHH looks quite different than what I have...as well as certain batches can differ.
Van

My Vintage FQHH...
100_0414.jpg

My Regular Heavy FQHH...
100_0411.jpg