• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero B-10

Cocker

I arrived at work today and was gifted by the sight of a man hauling a large DHL box. Turns out it was my B-10!

Well, I must say I'm baffled by the quality! Anne did an amazing job with it, it's flawless! The shell is indeed dark, the 3 last pictures of tommy's are close to the shade, but it's defo not TOO dark. Just right to stand out a bit. The medium brown knits are offering a great contrast but not denoting too much. Craftsmanship is excellent, as with my Aero A-2. Ken's advise to go with a 44 instead of a 42 was bang on and will allow for layering in the winter.

The only downside is, I think I should have gone for at least 1 inch shorter. It is ok with regular waisted trouser, but covering the pocket entries on a high waisted pair of denim.

I'll try to get some pictures in natural light when possible, as well as a couple fit pic.

MeachamLake

Tommy's jacket looks fantastic, Aero are certainly onto a winner here that's for sure! Really looking forward to seeing how your jacket looks, Cocker.

Still want to order one of these later in the year...although I think I may end up going down the route of an M422a or ANJ-3 beforehand, just to ensure I have some leather left in my wardrobe once my Eastman A2 is sold :)

Smithy

Don't sweat the whole inch too long, too short thing Cedric especially with military jackets. We all know fit-wise there was quite a range. Unless it really is overly long or it drives you round the twist, I'd wear it and forget it. Looking forward to the pictures.

Cocker

Honestly, I wish I could say "to hell with it !" but I cannot help thinking about it. I think I could even go with 2 inches shorter. It's a damn shame I can't help obessing about it, because appart from that, the jacket is all I ever wanted a B-10 to be. I've already spoken to Ken regarding this, let's see what can be done.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Teddy

I received some cuttings from Aero today. The cotton shell is dark but I really like it. The alpaca lining is thinner than those I saw on ELC or Buzz B-10s but personally that's a great news as thick alpaca makes it too warm for me to wear when the temperature is not below 10 degree Celsius.

Teddy

Honestly, I wish I could say "to hell with it !" but I cannot help thinking about it. I think I could even go with 2 inches shorter. It's a damn shame I can't help obessing about it, because appart from that, the jacket is all I ever wanted a B-10 to be. I've already spoken to Ken regarding this, let's see what can be done.

May I ask how tall you're and how long is the size 44?

Cocker

Hello nkang,

I'm 6'4", and this one was made to my specs with 28,5" sleeves and 27,5" body, same as my A-2. Sleeves are bang on, body, well, you've got it by now !
May I ask how tall you're and how long is the size 44?

Smithy

If it's really something that's

Sounds as if then you need to exchange it or have it remade Cedric. That sounds more than a "it's a smidge long but I can live with that" kind of thing.

Cocker

What's strange is that it's the same requested length as my A-2, and I have no problem with this one. I guess it's a matter of cut/size, maybe?

I'll see with Ken what can be done, I don't want to be a pain in the ass seen the deal that was already offered on the prototype...

MeachamLake

What's strange is that it's the same requested length as my A-2, and I have no problem with this one. I guess it's a matter of cut/size, maybe?

I'll see with Ken what can be done, I don't want to be a pain in the ass seen the deal that was already offered on the prototype...

Cloth is far more forgiving than leather when it comes to stretchiness and how it will fit, particularly with length!

Why not consider keeping your slightly shorter A2 as a jacket to wear with period correct high waisted trousers, and keep the slightly longer B-10 as one to wear with more modern trousers? :)

Smithy

Cloth is far more forgiving than leather when it comes to stretchiness and how it will fit, particularly with length!

Why not consider keeping your slightly shorter A2 as a jacket to wear with period correct high waisted trousers, and keep the slightly longer B-10 as one to wear with more modern trousers? :)

That's not a silly idea at all.

In truth my ATF B-10 is probably a shade long (an inch) in the body and arms but I'm thankful for it. I use the jacket as an all purpose work jacket or when doing anything physical outside where I need a jacket. That extra length is actually is really appreciated due to how I use my B-10.

Persimmon

Surely you want to wear whatever jacket whenever you choose.
Why have a jacket you can’t wear when you want.

If it’s too long (2 inches ) you will never be happy.
Have it fixed or move it on.
You can always get another to the correct size and you can wear it all the time if you want.

Last edited:

Teddy

I'll second Alan's argument. Had a great Buzz Deck Hook jacket that was just too large in arm and body. It certainly would shield very well against the winter here in northern Europe but I just didn't feel comfortable being a Michelin tire man and moved it on shortly after purchase. Given that we're talking about an Aero I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in taking it over!

Coming back to the length, I wonder if @Cocker is a very fit person? I'd imagine someone who's more horizontally gifted, such as myself, to stretch the jacket more so the body part doesn't look too long?

Cocker

There you go, folks, a couple fit pics ! The color is less brown and more green IRL. What do you think ?
f01cb7329753d8fe6e6246cd89c6f19f.jpg
6cb2a05d08227bec9721c8ed21052007.jpg

Last edited:

Teddy

Looks great! Once it's worn and the waist folds itself, it'd look very much like some original B-10 photos online.

I'm quite impressed you're wearing it outdoors given the warm weather haha!

Cocker

Thanks guys ! I'm still somewhat bothered by the long torso, but to a lesser extent.

Nkang, that was one brave moment ! [emoji16] Hopefully, it was only 21°C today...

Smithy

I personally think the length looks excellent and I think you'll be happy with it when winter comes and you're using that jacket in freezing temperatures.

I think the length of yours is probably very much the same as this guy back in the day...

ihPx5EI.jpg

Cocker

Indeed Smithy, this looks pretty much the same fit as mine! If anyone ever tells me it's too long/baggy, I'll use your picture as an example, ha! ^^

I'll try to do some details pictures tomorrow.

Smithy

There's no way it's too long or baggy Cedric, it just looks like a good, comfortable fit which really suits the B-10. I use mine as a general sort of manual work jacket as it's such a practical, easy to wear jacket.

Are you going to put a squadron or group patch on or leave it as is?