• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero B-10

Smithy

Hopefully this works:

Gm60IVi.jpg

Pilot

full

So I thought it was worth giving this own thread, rather than continuing to derail the 'fantasy' Buzz thread.

I was lucky enough to get in there for the 42" Sample! I've gotta say I liked it immediately more than any Aero B-10 I've ever seen before. It definitely stands up there with what Buzz are putting out in my opinion, even it is maybe more of a civilian/ test pilot version. It certainly looks to be put together with better quality materials than the Pike Brothers, which is not a bad jacket in itself either? I like to think the team that started putting this together have done their research and tried to come up with something that fitted their own tastes and desires. Yes, it probably won't turn out to be an exact repro of any major manufacturer, but it is a great looking Cloth Jacket.

I've also noticed some similarities to the A-9 Jacket which was apparently a very limited immediate predecessor to the B-10. I can only find very limited info about that jacket, probably because they had very little service issue? So maybe this makes the 'Experimental Test Sample' label actually quite appropriate to these?

Just saw this one...
How old is this Aero B-10 repro?...nice jacket though...looks very well made....sure it is...
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Aero-Leathe...430513?hash=item2aa2c4c371:g:nhIAAOSwoFVafCkh

Obscurator

ButteMT61

@Ken at Aero Leather - the green shell you guys use is very green compared to most I see. I know ZERO about this jacket, so I'm wondering what the story is on the shell colors for B-10's in general?
Also, that jacket above is lovely, is it pretty much the design we're talking about here on the new ones?

Cheers

Ken at Aero Leather

@Ken at Aero Leather - the green shell you guys use is very green compared to most I see. I know ZERO about this jacket, so I'm wondering what the story is on the shell colors for B-10's in general?
Also, that jacket above is lovely, is it pretty much the design we're talking about here on the new ones?

Cheers

What can I add.............................There are plenty of pics showing B-10s in darkish green very similar to the ones Aero offer at the moment, quite a few on this thread, I've seen originals in a lot of different shade s of green.

I do think there is a school of thought on VLJ that, if it’s not the very pale shade used by ELC/McCoy/ BR et alia, then it “can’t be correct”

Every WW2 era pic posted of a dark green B-10 on this thread has been accused of having being “photo enhanced“…

Skyhawk

Cheers
I think that is one of the new ones. But I am just guessing based on the color and look of newness. If so, the seller is probably a member here because they were offered to this forum recently, one in each size.

There are plenty of surviving originals . Some of the Darker ones should exist unless they have all faded to a lighter color by now. I imagine there was a range of green used depending on the manufacturer. As an example, look at the different shades of brown used for the 1930's-1940's A-2 jackets.

Regards,
Jay

Cocker

Ken, what about the eBay one ? Is it one of the new run ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Obscurator

I see the Aero B10 on eBay, to which I posted a link, didn't get any bids when it closed Saturday evening. However, it's relisted with one bid.

It's a very handsome jacket, and I was sorely tempted. Unfortunately, I don't think I could slide a second B10 within 4 weeks past "her indoors".

I'd definitely be interested in one of these if they come available from Aero, however. I think the darker green would make for a jacket less prone to showing the stains, canteen medals and other blots, for which I seem to provide a magnetic attraction.

Last edited:

Pilot

I see the Aero B10 on eBay, to which I posted a link, didn't get any bids when it closed Saturday evening. However, it's relisted with one bid.

It's a very handsome jacket, and I was sorely tempted. Unfortunately, I don't think I could slide a second B10 with 4 weeks past "her indoors".

I'd definitely be interested in one of these if they come available from Aero, however. I think the darker green would make for a jacket less prone to showing the stains, canteen medals and other blots, for which I seem to provide a magnetic attraction.
I love the “ canteen medals.....” very well phrased !

Last edited:

Tommy

It's not, because I've taken the 42. Plus if you read the listing, its from a few years back.

Had some correspondence from Aero this morning, so it's progressing (after them having to wait for me to stop being so indecisive and also having been a bit out of it with influenza)!

Cocker

I briefly talked with Ken by email last week-end, seems the shoulder roundel has arrived and my B-10 is scheduled to arrive mid-april. Can't wait!

MeachamLake

Sadly I had to cancel my order for the pre-production B-10 - it was money that reluctantly had to go towards the costs of a new car.

I will definitely order one when they become available later this year though, and I'm excited to see what everyone's look like!

MeachamLake

So the insurance didn't cover for the loss??

The insurance did cover the cost, but because nobody "caused" the accident - i.e. there's nobody else to recover costs from - the insurance company deem it to be your fault, so you have to pay your excess anyway! Plus I had to pay a cancellation fee for the insurance...swines!

Not to worry though, everything else is going smoothly and we are going to pick up a new car on Thursday. Building work progressing well too!

Cocker

This is totally disgusting... It's good to see you're taking it on the bright side, though. Not sure I could do the same!

Obscurator

I see the Aero B10 (size 42) sold yesterday on eBay for what struck me as being a very reasonable amount. I reckon someone's got a very nice jacket.

I really must work on a method of smuggling acquisitions into the household, past a pair of beady (female) eyes.

MeachamLake

Did anybody get their B-10 yet? Eager to see what they look like! Looking forward to placing an order for one later in the year...