• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help identifying date

Normacamille

I have a bomber jacket that I need to confirm the dates and ect on. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53

Pilot

My parents told me, „ when knocking on someone‘s door with a request or a question… please introduce yourself and ask politely for your concern or info“…
Am I missing something? were my parents wrong or from an other world?

bn1966

Civvy MA-1 from a company that a quick look on-line suggests disappeared in the ‘90’s. Crop up occasionally for sale on eBay etc at what appears to be low prices.

Normacamille

My parents told me, „ when knocking on someone‘s door with a request or a question… please introduce yourself and ask politely for your concern or info“…
Am I missing something? were my parents wrong or from an other world?
I apologize. As you can tell I’m new here. I’m not versed in the online forum etiquette. So let me start over please.

Hi my name is Norma. My father was a veitnam veteran. He didn’t share much information with us about his time in the war.(understandable of course) but I do know He was an airborne ranger. He wore this jacket often and I wasn’t sure if it was a replica that he had purchased later in life or his original jacket. I came across this site and it seemed like I could get some answers here. Any help would be appreciated. I’m not looking to sale or anything like that. It has more sentimental value for me than anything.

Pilot

I apologize. As you can tell I’m new here. I’m not versed in the online forum etiquette. So let me start over please.

Hi my name is Norma. My father was a veitnam veteran. He didn’t share much information with us about his time in the war.(understandable of course) but I do know He was an airborne ranger. He wore this jacket often and I wasn’t sure if it was a replica that he had purchased later in life or his original jacket. I came across this site and it seemed like I could get some answers here. Any help would be appreciated. I’m not looking to sale or anything like that. It has more sentimental value for me than anything.
Welcome Norma and all due respect to your dad!
As already mentioned by someone , its a knock-off repro..
Not issued…

Dany McDonald

Hello Norma,

Thank you for sharing your attachment to your father's jacket, it's called provenance and yours has a direct link. I know you probably wanted to hear something else about the originality though.

Do you have other personnel objects related to your father service?

Dany

Pilot

Hello Norma,

Thank you for sharing your attachment to your father's jacket, it's called provenance and yours has a direct link. I know you probably wanted to hear something else about the originality though.

Dany
Thanks Dany spot on.
Norma, apologies for my ranting.
Congrats to you , plus you received several likes in a few minutes… very rare and seldom here..
Again respect and full honor for your dad!

Normacamille

Hello Norma,

Dany
Most of his belongings have been lost along the way. He passed in 04 and at that time most things went to my brother as he was the only son (there’s 5 of us girls) I have his paperwork, one of his tags, the jacket and a pow flag. I plan on giving the jacket to his grandson and was hoping it was an original as it would have added to the history. However even as a replica it’s still @ least 30 years old and will keep his grandson warm.

Pilot

Most of his belongings have been lost along the way. He passed in 04 and at that time most things went to my brother as he was the only son (there’s 5 of us girls) I have his paperwork, one of his tags, the jacket and a pow flag. I plan on giving the jacket to his grandson and was hoping it was an original as it would have added to the history. However even as a replica it’s still @ least 30 years old and will keep his grandson warm.
Norma, you ( and your dad ) earned another few ones.. Respect..