• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need b3 fit opinion please

Mickey.was.a.rat

Hi, do you think the size is right or should it be smaller ? It's a 42r and normaly I am more between 38 and 40...

Thanks for your feedback ;-)

IMG_3534.jpg
photographe-de-mariage-neuchatel-01.jpg
6L4C3723.jpg

ButteMT61

Personally, it looks like a size too large. BUT...this style with the layers under you can get away with it. And when everyone else is cold, you can LOL and just enjoy it. Nice looking jacket!

Mickey.was.a.rat

Personally, it looks like a size too large. BUT...this style with the layers under you can get away with it. And when everyone else is cold, you can LOL and just enjoy it. Nice looking jacket!
yes this is what I felt. I should have gone with a 40r instead of 42r
Thanks for your feedback

Silver Surfer

agreed, it looks a little big. but, worn with a sweater it will look more filled out. alternatives? eat pasta and drink lotsa beer for a year, and it will fit ya fine...that or shrink it. best to review previous posts about shrinking, and or enlarging jackets. it can be done, but its not for the faint of heart.

John Lever

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your excellent photos. Over the years I have had a few Eastman B3's ( about 10) and the pattern has always been an issue with me. I had to part with my otherwise superb Perry mixed batch as I just couldn't fasten the collar straps because it was impossible to raise my arms high enough.
I have discovered that if you want to be able to drive a car or just move your arms in normal situations then you need a size too big. This will cause the jacket to be too big in some areas, in my case around middle. Yours looks like a comfortable fit as others have already commented so I would stay with it.

MikeyB-17

Welcome to the nuthouse. I reckon it looks fine, in fact I think a size down might be a bit too restrictive. You sure wouldn't be able to wear that jumper under it. I know there are those who say they only wear a t-shirt under their B-3, but personally I always wanted room for at least a sweatshirt under mine.

CBI

Size down for a more modern fit and you may loose some freedom of movement and you won't be able to to wear thick clothing under it. But, it will keep you warn enough so you won't need the layers, but still, movement? Your fit is bit more like you see in WW2 photos where guys are wearing lots of layers under a jacket like this.

Mickey.was.a.rat

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your excellent photos. Over the years I have had a few Eastman B3's ( about 10) and the pattern has always been an issue with me. I had to part with my otherwise superb Perry mixed batch as I just couldn't fasten the collar straps because it was impossible to raise my arms high enough.
I have discovered that if you want to be able to drive a car or just move your arms in normal situations then you need a size too big. This will cause the jacket to be too big in some areas, in my case around middle. Yours looks like a comfortable fit as others have already commented so I would stay with it.
Thank you for your feedback John