• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Assistence in Identifying Maker of This A1

B-Man2

Hello to all;

I just pulled this one off of Ebay for a fairly cheap price. I was hoping others more knowledgeable than myself might assist me in finding out who made this A1 jacket. I would like to secure a manufacturers label for it, but I want to make sure its the correct one.
Thanks in advance for any help you gents can offer.

Cheers
B-Man2

a.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

b.jpg

zoomer

Looks like a nylon or poly lining. So...some maker who did not offer a cotton lining?

Also...the leather facing extending underneath the collar and down both sides of the front opening, and inlaid hang tag configuration, are pretty distinctive. To be strictly correct an A-1 should have a leather facing only on the buttonhole side, and never under the collar.

Last edited:

mazeta

I was thinking Lost Worlds from the look of the hides, but the two-piece construction of the back of the arms isn’t their characteristic. Not their usual liner either.

Geeboo

look very nice from the outside, just don't look inside- nobody would look at your jacket's inside anyway. Also don't look at the back sleeves.

Dr H

I don’t have an insight concerning the maker (aside from who it’s not likely to have been made by, based purely on their typical pattern or hide offering: GW, ELC, BK, BR, RMNZ, SFA, Aero).
The three-piece sleeve configuration with triple line of stitching isn’t uncommon (John Chapman and Mark of SFA have both used it).

Members online

Latest posts