• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Natural finish B-3s...

ausreenactor

Gents..

The natural finish B-3 is a unique look. Does anyone have any pics of them being worn in WWII?? I will commence a Google hunt now, but I am sure someone has a pic or two stashed away.

Couchy

Silver Surfer

page 103 in "suit up! the flight jacket"-kesaharu imai. pix in "full gear"-rota mituhiro are of examples. there are more, but these came to mind. either buzz, or the few make a nice repro version.

airfrogusmc

Paul Sanders has one. 1938 Aero white B-3 in almost deadstock condition. I think he posted photos here a long time ago.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
There are certainly white B-3 photos on the forum ... using Search to find them is another matter. :?

oose

Hi Couchy,

Here are three natural finish jackets I've posted previously on the forum, couple of B-3 and one early B-3 prototype jacket. hope this helps.

All the best
stu

oose

Hi,
I always fancied the TOYS McCOY B-3 but it was never going to be a reality at the price £2,414 !!!!!
I don't now if they make it anymore.

All the best
stu

Silver Surfer

in the "suit up" book, on page 93 there is a nice pic of three guys wearing early b-3s. two unfinished, and one red skin. of note is how the overalls, and center guys jacket have gotten burnished, and darker from wear. some of the early b-3s [unfinished] had an interesting strap +buckle on the front. many have speculated as to what purpose it served. if i were to enter a guess, i would say that it was for a prototype oxegen tank, and mask set up. on another note. while the aero unfinished b-3 is priced right, and is a all around aok jacket, it is made with a four panel back. as we know, the early b-3s, finished, and red skins, had a two panel back.

Peter Graham

Couchy, can you actually picture yourself wearing this ? They look fine in B&W photos well dirtied up but a brand new repro ! :shock: