• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Named, Patched Aero A2 (sz44) on Ebay

FlakMagnet

I'm not sure if this has already been posted here, but this looks like a pretty fine specimen.

I quite like the 2nd Combat Cargo Sqn patch too.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg

Silver Surfer

That aero is from a small pre war contract. To my eyes, it appears to have been reissued. When the redye was done, likely the knit elements were replaced, though I can not be sure without having it in hand. There is some light cracking at the shoulder tops that could be stabilized if the purchaser decides to wear it. Not sure about the patch, as it looks to be a possible repro patch, and has been stitched over what may have been stitch holes from a different name tag.

2BM2K

I'm not sure if this has already been posted here, but this looks like a pretty fine specimen.

I quite like the 2nd Combat Cargo Sqn patch too.

View attachment 85430View attachment 85431

That jacket once belonged to Roughwear ;

Chandler

Wow, looks more russet in his pics.

johnwayne

If it hadn't passed through Roughwear’s hands I would have said that to possibly be a very early repro - that label is exactly as AeroScotland used to use on their stationery - I have a comps slip somewhere exactly the same, thats not to say they didn't replicate a pre war label of course!!

Last edited:

FlakMagnet

The "EJ Cichon" name tag looks like a recent addition too.

blackrat2

The name tag is the one Andrew mentioned in his post, it’s possible the tag was with the jacket and added to the jacket by him , or the next owner had it made and added ?!

johnwayne

Sorry am I missing something, Ive not read the whole thread but Roughwears jacket was a 44” with the usual nomenclature Aero maker label whereas this jacket with in my view a relatively recent AeroScotland label is a 38” - two totally different sizes with same nametag? Where’s Ken Calder when you need him?? And pity Andrew/Roughwear no longer contributes here!!

Hazayad

Sorry am I missing something, Ive not read the whole thread but Roughwears jacket was a 44” with the usual nomenclature Aero maker label whereas this jacket with in my view a relatively recent AeroScotland label is a 38” - two totally different sizes with same nametag? Where’s Ken Calder when you need him?? And pity Andrew/Roughwear no longer contributes here!!
I guess that's because someone posts completely unrelated and thus confusing dits. I am starting to familiarize myself with the 'Ignore' function.

Chandler

I think most of us are comparing the OP eBay jacket and Roughwear's (an old member's handle) which is also a 44. Neither look like Aero Scotland pieces to me.