• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nam era jungle jackets

PaulGT3

I am a Nam Era vet and I have the Air Force version of the cold weather version of the jacket. Only its a size 38, a few sizes ago.

EmergencyIan

JDAM said:
Here's one of my favourites.

This particular one is most interesting.

I have one and it's unissued. I washed it once and wear it occasionally. It looks good and is very utilitarian.

- Ian

Peter Graham

PaulGT3 said:
I am a Nam Era vet and I have the Air Force version of the cold weather version of the jacket. Only its a size 38, a few sizes ago.

What's the cold weather version ? Lined ?

watchmanjimg

Peter Graham said:
PaulGT3 said:

Must be the M-65. No cold-weather version of the tropical combat uniform.

a2jacketpatches

watchmanjimg said:
Peter Graham said:
PaulGT3 said:

Must be the M-65. No cold-weather version of the tropical combat uniform.

Actually, there was a field jacket specific to the AF in sage green.

watchmanjimg

a2jacketpatches said:
Actually, there was a field jacket specific to the AF in sage green.

I'm aware of the AF field jacket, but it's hardly a cold-weather version of the jungle jacket.

a2jacketpatches

Yeah, but probably what he meant if an Air Force issue as opposed to the M65. No doubt there is NO cold weather version of the tropical combat coat any more than a tropical version of any military issue cold weather parka.

Phantomfixer

Ah What does ERDL stand for? pardon if it is obvious,,but dang if I know what it stands for..... :roll: :roll:
BTW I like the fact that my ERDL 68 dated pants have a zipper. The shirt, regular buttons 68 dated also..