• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N2-B

a2jacketpatches

I picked this up yesterday morning at an estate sale in Chino Hills CA. It must have been stored for many years since issued because it's in outstanding condition. There were a few stains, like spills or something, but I was able to remove them almost completely with a damp rag. What I mean by almost is, the stain disappears but moves over a little when dry as an outer ring if you know what I mean. So I carefully wiped each panel completely and let dry before doing another panel. This did the job leaving the lightly dark ring no place to stick out. I guess what this needs is a good complete dry cleaning and the jacket would be near flawless. There is a barely visible red ink spot near the shoulder pen pouch and two buttons missing in front. Also two tiny nips in the waistband direct center back. Otherwise the best condition parka I've found. This guy was based in Korea during the Vietnam War, Air Defense Command. I got a handful of patches as well that I'll post shortly
N-2B001.jpg

N-2B002.jpg

N-2B013.jpg

N-2B012.jpg

N-2B011.jpg

N-2B010.jpg

N-2B009.jpg

N-2B008.jpg

N-2B007.jpg

N-2B005.jpg

N-2B004.jpg

N-2B003.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Prices for these can be all over the place. $50-$80 would be a great deal on this jacket. Decent price would be $80-$130. Anything over $130 and I would consider as not the best deal in town. Just my two cents. ;)

The more valuable N-2Bs are the earliest versions with mic tabs and Air Force decal on shoulder. It took me almost four years to find one in decent shape and for the right price.

Atticus

Weasel_Loader said:
The more valuable N-2Bs are the earliest versions with mic tabs and Air Force decal on shoulder. It took me almost four years to find one in decent shape and for the right price.
Never quite figured that out...N-2As in good contition are much more available on ebay than early N-2Bs in any condition.

AF

a2jacketpatches

I'm a little disappointed because living in CA, I bought this to simply flip it and make some money. I thought it was a rare find being 1962, large, coyote fur collar, and in such good shape. I guess it's not too bad, I paid 95- so didn't really lose. This purchase has peaked an interest in nylon jackets for me and that's a plus. There seems to be a lot of nylon here, L-2's, MA-1's, etc. because of all the Air Stations past and present, Any recommended books out there. I've got a Japanese with some great photos of just about everything but can't read the info on it.

Atticus

IMO, the Japanese have always been much more interested in vintage nylon than we Americans, so I'm guessing that almost all of the best information on the subject will be printed in Japanese. I know I don't have any good nylon reference material at home. What little I know, I've learned on this forum or by observation. If I had to state one rule of nylon collecting, though, I would say buy black-tag. That's where you're going to find the jacket details that seem to fetch money on the collecting market. Or, if you're like me and seldom sell jackets, just buy what you like to wear.

AF

Peter Graham

a2jacketpatches said:
I thought it was a rare find being 1962. There seems to be a lot of nylon here, L-2's, MA-1's, etc.

Really nice condition N-2B. The real coyote fur can't be beat. Are you sure it's 62 though because I had a Wisconsin jacket that was 63 dated and it had a black label. I've always assumed that the white labels came later. If you see an original L-2 in medium size please give me a heads up, huh. ;)

a2jacketpatches

Just assuming it's 62 as I see that # on the tag, and the guy was stationed in Korea during Vietnam. Also, found some patches from the mid 60's

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
... I had a Wisconsin jacket that was 63 dated and it had a black label. I've always assumed that the white labels came later.

Yes, labels were black through to the end of 6278D ... white labels started with the 6278E FY 1965.