• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My tribute jacket 18 BS, 34th BG

pdweiser

I decided to do an authentic as possible A2 with artwork. As much as I like the professionally done artwork done on a lot of high end A2s today, I just have a heart for the amateur artwork of the WWII era so I decided to do the artwork myself, I don't think it turned out too bad.

My canvas was a second hand Goodwear 39 Werber. I added a chenille 18th BS patch (both the jacket and the patch were obtained from forum members) I chose the B17 Dinah-Mite which was a B17 with the 18th BS. It was lost in 1945 when returning from a mission over Germany.

I added around the patch the name Russell L. Harris who was a 2nd Lt. and was killed when the plane was lost.

Here is the front of the jacket with patch.
null-3.jpg

Here is after I added Russell's name
null-1.jpg

Here is the back
null-2.jpg

Overall I think I did a decent job of capturing the amateur style artwork of the WWII era, with a very authentic jacket. What are your thoughts in my endeavor?

pdweiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Looks good, if acrylic, a little Kiwi Brown shoe polish will knock down those colors a bit without moving the paint around.

Thank you! It is acrylic, the colors aren't as vibrant as in the photo for some reason the camera brought the colors out big time.

dujardin

your jacket is splendid

i really enjoy your ''amateur artwork of the WWII era look''

well done

dmar836

Perfect! So much better than the overdone "all in one" murals so many want today.
This really is more authentic looking.
Dave

YoungMedic

pdweiser said:
YoungMedic said:
Came out looking fantastic! Now wear it to pieces! :ugeek:

Looks great right?! Thank you again for the patch!

Sure thing! Looks like it was just the piece you needed :) You should post another front pic with the name painted on