My new Kelso Civi AN-J 3

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Earloffunk, Dec 19, 2017.

1. asiamiles

asiamiles Active Member

A shame it's the A-N-J3 design with the G-1 style rather than the A-2 style windflap and epaulettes as size-wise this would probably have been perfect for me.

2. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Well, at least it has the epaulets. :)

3. asiamiles

asiamiles Active Member

I should've looked more closely!

Earloffunk likes this.
  4. M3Cavalry

M3Cavalry Member

Could we get more photos of the underarm gussets and biswing back? Intrigued by a jacket that offers more mobility than an A-2 minus the fur collar.

5. Skip

Skip Well-Known Member

Asiamiles I've had both patterns, original W&G with the A2 front, and the BK Navy version. I prefer the Navy, its always personal choice of course, but if there's a next time it will be without epaulettes. For some reason the epaulettes always seem to buckle in these jackets and don't sit as flat as on A2's. Does anyone else find this?

6. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Matt, until now I have not yet shared your experience - I think the epaulets are as flat as on my A2s. But I will check again.

Also I think the epaulets on the AN-J 3 are a nice feature to tell that it is not ‚just‘ a G-1 minus fur.

Skip likes this.
  7. Skip

Skip Well-Known Member

Tends to be after a bit of wear, and depending how rough you treat it, mines been hit pretty hard so initially I thought it was that.

But then the original W&G had the same warping epaulettes, it could just be wear, or maybe being the bi-swing back it may be prone to skew the epaulettes?

Not worry, I think in goat it maybe less prone than horse or cow as goat is usually a thinner hide and creases differently

8. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

I loaned my jacket to the most incompetent person I knew and instead threw him up against the wall repeatedly. Far more authentic wear but I began to bruise!
    Dave

Earloffunk and Skip like this.
  9. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Here are some pictures of the jacket after about a month of more or less daily wear (15 minutes to several hours a day):

Attached Files:

10. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Member

Back and sleeve detail

Attached Files:

11. Skip

Skip Well-Known Member

That's creasing up nicely, BK hides seem to do that, after another 6 months it'll be a ripper

Earloffunk likes this.
  12. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

very nice!

Earloffunk likes this.