• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my new GW 42-18246-P

Hawkeye

Just purchased, will be here by the end of the week. One of the first that John has made of this no-name contract. Its a horsehide in seal brown. Because of a slight nick in the leather I got it for a really decent price. This will be my first WW2 pattern A-2, previously my wearer was an 88' Saddlery. More pics forthcoming when it arrives, these are courtesy of J.C.

front_view_flat.jpg

front_view1.jpg

collar.jpg

comparison1.jpg

A

Anonymous

I had an original one of these- it's an interesting jacket- it has a modern cut to it with large shoulders and a tapering waist. A very handsome jacket and quite unique!

Hawkeye

rotenhahn said:
I had an original one of these- it's an interesting jacket- it has a modern cut to it with large shoulders and a tapering waist. A very handsome jacket and quite unique!

John says that alot of originals in this contract tend to have heavy flaking of the finish, was this true of yours as well?

A

Anonymous

Hawkeye said:
rotenhahn said:

John says that alot of originals in this contract tend to have heavy flaking of the finish, was this true of yours as well?
Mine was actually depot redyed russet! It was darker underneath as far as I could tell but I honestly don't know if it was flaky. The original in the photograph is and the fact that the one I had (which was in good shape when I bought it) was redyed would tend to support that.

greyhound52

Had an original which I sold to JC and he ended up selling on ebay I guess after he got the pattern down. Anyway it was a 42 and fit. Most of the 42s in originals (RW etc) are too small for me and I take 44s in originals. The shoulders are what made the difference.