• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my new G-1! (with pics)

Hawkeye

The G-1 i picked up a couple weeks ago arrived today, and I'm thrilled with it. I was lucky enough to pick it up for a very nice 125.00 on a BIN. It fits perfectly everywhere, except in that its a touch short. But, being tall you have to make a sacrifice or two. Its a Star Sportswear, I think 1969, but possibly a 65, the 9/5 on the label is incomplete. The goatskin is in excellent condition, virtually no wear at all, same with the lining and the collar. In fact, aside from the label and a few small resewn holes in the knits, I'd say its in pretty much issued condition.Im not sure if this is a Star house feature or common to G-1s in general, but the right pocket seems to be a 1/4 inch wider than the left. Also, the zip is strange. It looks like a Scovill but its not marked as one I've ever seen. Heres the pics, apologies in advance if they are a bit big.
I have to add that the pictures really do not do it justice.
g-1001.jpg

g-1002.jpg

g-1003.jpg

g-1005.jpg

g-1006.jpg

g-1004.jpg

g-1009.jpg

Jaydee

Nice Jacket! That is a 1969 being a 7823D(WP) Version. I just got a '64 Star myself, great Manufacturer!

dr.zak

that is one nice jacket with one nice BIN price ,TLS ?
as JAYDEE pointed that is a D contract from year 1969 and dont worry about the pocket these minor imperfections were widely known in all contracts dont forget that these jacket were produced in hundreds so to have some defects that is very normal i remember meeting some CAGLECO's with one pocket higher or lower than the other ...some star C's were having a wider collar from one side than the other ..

concerning the zipper i met some STAR D's with the same zipper with no manufacture so no worries ..
its an over all very nice jacket...

and a very nice Deal :)

best regards .

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the Star G-1 club, very good price for a bomb proof jacket. Well done. My Star is a little short too, thats the way they run I believe. Your mouton was better than mine. My original was fake, so I replaced it with real russet mouton. :D

airfrogusmc

I had a size 48 Star D model that was short waisted but not real big. I have a C model Irvin Foster thats a HUGE 48. I also had a D Martin Lane that fir real similar to the star. Both were from the late 60s both goat and mouton.

T-Bolt

I have a 1969 Star "D" model exactly like that one, but in a size 44. It has one of those funky, no-name sliders, and apparently it broke at one time so the previous owner re-attached the top piece that broke off with Devcon. He did a great job and it looks and works fine. Keep an eye on the slider to be sure that no cracks show up.

Ted

spitfire

That is a lovely looking G1 jacket Hawkeye,and it fits you perfectly.I have been on the look out for G1 for a while now,but funds mean it will take me a lot longer to buy one than i thought.I hope when i eventually do,it will be as good as yours and fit me as well as yours fits you.personally,i won't complain if a G1 i manage to get is too tight,or too loose a fit on me,as i am sure the pilots never got them meticulously made to measure for themselves.i suppose,like us,a few pilots noticed their jackets were too tight or too loose and baggy.