My new ELC monarch

Discussion in 'Repros' started by jeremiah, Apr 14, 2018.

1. seres

seres Member

This made me curious, so I looked at the tag in the right hand pocket of my Monarch. I purchased my Monarch in April 2017 from Charles at HPA. This jacket was manufactured just weeks before I received it, as I had to order it from Charles, and then he included it in his next stock order from Eastman Leather in England. When it arrived from England with his large stock order, Charles shipped it out immediately. It had that strong, new leather aroma and had NEVER been used.

Now the curious part. My tag looks exactly like your tag, and has exactly the same numbers as in your pic: 4219, and below that 110, and then below that the size 46. Same as yours, except the bottom number says 46 (my size), instead of 40 (your size).

And the leather looks exactly like your leather. It's new production.

2. jeremiah

jeremiah Active Member

Ah. Yeah I thought this was too grainy to be that old.
    Interesting.
    Smelled strong of leather when I got it.

Just can’t see mine being 10 years old looking like it did when I got it.

So what do you think is up?
    Are all jackets made in England and HPA sells them on this side of the pond?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. Lebowski

Lebowski Member

Jeremiah, I'd say that your ELC Monarch now looks way too much better compared with its original look (when it was new). A lot of grain, tons of creases. Man, that's a real beauty now! It looks just superb!

4. jeremiah

jeremiah Active Member

Thanks.

A3B62263-5366-4E84-AF42-086431BB5A63.jpeg
    FEF8FA6D-8034-4DB3-9CDC-87B64CF5898B.jpeg

Yeah. Rob said something must have happend with tags. In 2007 they did not use the horsehide label in left pocket he said.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Brettafett, gav, Smithy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lebowski

Lebowski Member

^^
    Man, that's one of the best A-2's lying on the grass above. What a beauty, you've got the main prize! Very like it!)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. jeremiah

jeremiah Active Member

Thanks. I have done everything in this and have worn it almost daily since getting it. Sadly temps are warming up but it’s been fun and very comfortable.

Lebowski likes this.