My new Aero Redskin B3 40-1721p

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by tefouane, Oct 16, 2017.

1. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

I'm sure they could do a great copy of $T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+GdTBRnKr7nVcw~~60_57~01.JPG my civi B3

omarco, Pilot, s4rmark and 1 other person like this.
  2. Art

Art Active Member

3. blackrat2

blackrat2 Active Member

Sorry Ken that this has taken so much out of what is a trainee jacket and maybe could have been mentioned as such earlier in the thread, assuming it was purchased as a cheaper jacket reflecting that fact...
    It is good to see all the top end makers evolving there products to make them stand up to the scrutiny on sites such as this one, that we all share and post on
    Certainly the up to date B3’s and Irvins are right up there in my opinion
    I posted on a separate thread that the pictures you have on Instagram show some of these jackets really well, so would encourage the good folk here to have a look

Pilot likes this.
  4. m444uk

m444uk Active Member

In general, wouldn't it be straight forward to get the shears out and trim 3/4" shearling to 1/4" ?

5. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

That occurred to me, although I imagine that would make the cuffs a bit slack if they were made with thicker sheepskin. You also wouldn't want to get it wrong!

6. Art

Art Active Member

I thought that ken from aero explained that they have gone back to how they originally had the depth of shearling like the pic he posted unless u ask for it to be 25mm and like the bushier look

7. Art

Art Active Member

Pardon my ignorance when u speak of wind flap do u mean when the collar is turned up and the bit of shearling that creeps out the towards the back of your head nice one Art

8. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

No, the windflap is the strip of shearling behind the zip that stops the wind getting through.