• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My mint, unworn, WWII Khakis, with cutter tags.

Lignemaginot

What a dilemma.

So - I've got a pair of khakis that I bought about a decade ago, WWII dated, stone mint - they still have the cutter tags. They are a large size, fitting my 35x36 frame.

The dilemma is that I'd feel terrible removing the tags to wear them... but if I don't, they're just sitting in my closet.

Thoughts?

Cobblers161

Save yourself from any subsequent anguish and sell them to me... ;)

If I were you I'd remove the tags and wear them very carefully and not too often.

Grant

Maybe I'm a little stange, but I tend to keep original mint condition khaki's stored away as reserve and wear several pairs of used original khaki's as daily wearers. There are still a number of used WWII khaki's out there, but finding a pair with cutter tags are pretty rare. If you have the early one's with zinc metal buttons I would definitely take good care of them. FYI, the Buzz Rickson zinc metal button khaki's are dead on reproductions of the originals.

TankBuster

I have to agree with Grant on this one. But, they are
yours to do what you like with. You're lucky just to
have them ;)

Lignemaginot

Welllllll.... I'm thinking that I'll just go ahead and ebay them - get them into the hands of someone who collects these dead-stock things - let is be on their conscience. Then I'll take the money and buy a decent pair of repros.

Thanks for the opinions.

Happy Hooligan

or you'll get a buyer who'll wear them...

That's a great size to have but like everyone says.. unless you're a collector, why keep them mint? Either sell them and buy 3 pairs of used ones with the money or store them a way and never wear them

I say sell them and hope the buyer will store them away....

Django

I have a pair of Pinks trousers that I wear all the time. They are my favorite dress pants and I love them.

Burnsie

Sounds like your minds made up... But I say wear them. None of this stuff will last forever, we won't be around forever, you know you'll enjoy the hell out of them....but can you handle that first blob of bar-b-que sauce spilled on them?

Lignemaginot

Burnsie said:
Sounds like your minds made up... But I say wear them. None of this stuff will last forever, we won't be around forever, you know you'll enjoy the hell out of them....but can you handle that first blob of bar-b-que sauce spilled on them?

Aaaargh - you almost had me pulling the cutter tags off... until you mentioned the bbq sauce! You know that that is just what would happen. Or I'd step outside, look up, and a seagull with crap on me. Now I'm definitely going with repros.

Grant

If you go with the Buzz repros you won't be disappointed. It's scary how good they are!

Cobblers161

I got mine via proxy from here.... http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/br40025a/, these are the Original Specs but there are links to the 42's and 45's etc...

Google Zipangu Treasures, Masa is a good egg, plus he marks down costs at shipping to avoid import. If you get them via ELC you'll end up paying a large slice of mark up, the 1942's are marked up by about 50%. By proxy you'll pay a 15% fee plus shipping.

Doug C

If anyone is considering getting the Buzz Rickson 1942 WWII chinos, contact Mario Kenjo at Milwaukee (Jap repro dealer)... [email protected] his were the cheapest place to get them when I bought mine last year, mine came to $130 including shipping and tax. Mario speaks Japanese but uses an online translation program (I think), he's a good guy to deal with. http://www.mil-mil.net/

ps- they are indeed awesome in all respects.

Doug C

Lignemaginot

Doug C said:
If anyone is considering getting the Buzz Rickson 1942 WWII chinos, contact Mario Kenjo at Milwaukee (Jap repro dealer)... [email protected] his were the cheapest place to get them when I bought mine last year, mine came to $130 including shipping and tax. Mario speaks Japanese but uses an online translation program (I think), he's a good guy to deal with. http://www.mil-mil.net/

ps- they are indeed awesome in all respects.

Doug C

Excellent- thanks!

Doug C

hey no problem, be patient with Mario and don't go into alot of chit chat. Try to be clear and simple with what you're after, it's easier on the translation. These pants are head and shoulders better than Bills (at least the one I tried on) and are only like $30 more. I can imagine they'd last forever too.

Doug C