• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Late Monarch Aviator

Maverickson

Hi All,

Lately, I've been experimenting with making some different jackets. In this case I developed a late 1930's type Monarch I patterned using one of their 1st generation type jacket from within my personal collection.

My resulting reproduction was modeled after an original Monarch that I greatly admired and no doubt the precursor to the modern motorcycle jacket. Furthermore, that particular original jacket I modeled my rendition from had the earliest action back I have seen to date.

As a result, what I created and that which can be seen below is very close to what they might have built at that time.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

dmar836

A great flying jacket! These would also be great traveling jackets IMO. Snug fit, small, secured pockets, and and internal one. Looks warmer than an A-2 as well. I have also always been taken by DD's Monarch in Melton/HH. This style is a must make!