• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Grandpa and his jacket...

ButteMT61

Not an A-1, but similar in design. He got to be pretty sharp working his way up in the mines to eventually own them.
I thought I'd post this pic as it's my favorite of him - and I don't have many.
He also worked on the building of the Hoover Dam. A tough guy, but still managed to look sharp.

GrandpaB.jpeg

ausreenactor

An awesome pic. From a time when the 'Sunday best' was a tie at a minimum and men forged ahead in a wide variety of endeavours. Marriage was for life and the Governments strived to better the World. Has made a great start to the day. Will wear a collared shirt!

Silver Surfer

classy, no bull, very, very classy. now, to get one of the makers to make a jac like this. calling dr. platon, dr. platon.

ButteMT61

Thanks guys. Flashy isn't something anyone in my family (excepting my wife's side) has ever been accused of. But yeah, my forebears were pretty much salt of the earth kinda people. I had no idea how successful they had become until recently because I just think of them as regular people working hard and living life. I think most people had a way of looking good without trying "back then". Today, life is very casual and we are not used to seeing men in suits at church or at the racetrack. It's probably better and easier, but looking back on a more formal society, I can't help but think that we act like we dress, to a certain extent...

johnwayne

I can only agree he looks a cool dude down to his riding style pants - I guess he could have a had a motorbike what with the boots as well!
Whatever yes, a really nice looking and fitting jacket.
Cheers
Wayne

ButteMT61

johnwayne said:
I can only agree he looks a cool dude down to his riding style pants - I guess he could have a had a motorbike what with the boots as well!
Whatever yes, a really nice looking and fitting jacket.
Cheers
Wayne

Indeed he did have a bike - but my Dad says he can't recall what it was...