• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Good Wear - Dubow 27798

Richie

Uffff, I don't even know where to start with this one! I have been looking for a Good Wear in my size (42) for years, since 2011 to be exact! It is so funny to think that while I was looking for one, I have found around 30 originals, one even with a box. Therefore, it is fair to say that finding a GW 42 is a rare bird.

The Dubow pattern has a slim athletic fit and is one of the most striking due to the unique collar shape and curved-pointy pocket flaps. The original 27798 can be found in horsehide and goatskin.

This Dubow is made of a special selection of goatskin from Mexico, and JC took it to the next level by doing a hot water treatment, achieving that popping grain effect. This jacket has a superb vintage look, even though it is brand new. The details of its construction are a delight to see. JC is truly an artist. The lining is made of Japanese cotton, and the dull reddish-brown knits come from a new supply. The spec label is indistinguishable from an original, the lettering size and style are spot-on. Inspector stamp and insignia stamps are correct. The snaps are vintage United Carr Anzo and the M-42 Talon zipper is a top reproduction.

Needless to say, if you are particular about details and authenticity, a Good Wear will exceed your expectations.
View attachment 146377View attachment 146379View attachment 146381View attachment 146383View attachment 146385View attachment 146387

Richie

Does anyone on here know the original maker/pattern with the rounded collar at the ends? A lot have a pronounced pointy end but I’ve seen one maker/pattern that’s quite rounded . Trying to find a repro.