• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first A2

Marv

This was my very first A2 which I purchased back in 2004 second hand.
It's a Cooper Orange label, goatskin hide, Ideal zipper and dull purple ish knits.
Size 46L but is more of a regular length in my opinion.
The fit is pretty good and I think it dates from the late 80's.
This was my first and only patched A2, I don't wear it at all but also don't want to move it along either.

Bombing IP

Here is my Jacket which is a Cooper as comfortable as an A1 but dismissed by many on the forum as not relevant representation of the form . Also posted on the patches orig and repr0
BIP

DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Silver Surfer

members who have been here a while, may remember that i one wrote of my first a-2. it came from my next door neighbor who was a pilot in the 8th. back in the 1950s, i was buzzing around the 'hood on my bike make believing i was shooting down "krauts" or "japs", and mr. "pete" remuzzi asked, "watcha doing kid?" when i told him, he said that i needed a good luck jacket. he went into his house and came out with his a-2 and said "try this on". it was way too big of course, but mr. remuzzi thought it looked fine, and told me to keep it. i wore it day and night, for a coupla years, riding my bike, playing base ball, going to the movies, eating diner, all the time, anywhere. dont remember what became of it. most likely, my mom tossed it, as it had become plenty "kid worn", and a bit "disreputable" by adult standards.

Last edited:

2BM2K

My first A2 was an Aviation Leathercraft bought in 1987. I had it for 16 years and was very happy with it.
I then bought an Aero Leather A2 and so began the obsession with replica-jacket accuracy.