• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My AAF Collection

dmar836

These are items I had often passed up as they are small accessories and there is often a more iconic item to add to the collection. Not to mention they aren't the cheapest items since all the airborne collectors have ruined everything! There are plenty of repros out there that, once dirty, look very convincing. One must be very careful of fraud yet opening one to check for the authentic but "illegal" morphine syrette is a no-no as opening one decreases the value. It is therefore important that you know the source as you are going by faith here. I traded into one locally a couple weeks ago and then today a good friend said, "Hey, I have something in the car for you." Number two to the collection. It must be my month!

IMG_0069lores.jpg

IMG_0068lores.jpg

Dave

dujardin

you were simply the right man at the right place at the right time :lol:

good to have some luck sometimes ;)

and great addition to your collection

stevetfire

Wow Dave, I'm new here so I was enjoying working my way through the board and I have just come across your collection....of course I'm slightly speechless. :D :D ....But I thoroughly admire your immense commitment and dedication to Military History and keeping it alive...As a Former Commando (12yrs) :roll: I have a great feeling toward the fighting spirit of this gear and those who owned it......Big Thanks Dave I look forward to reading more about it.....Steve

dmar836

Steve, Glad you like it. My collection pales in comparison to several other member's collections but I'll keep trying!

Dave

dmar836

Picked up a second pair of D-1 glasses with better leather earpieces. These are significantly more difficult to find than the AN6531s which were the later, more common, and more recognized AAF sunglasses.

1363098130_zps1b1cacd7.jpg

Dave

EMBLEMHUNTER

dmar836 said:
Rocky's jacket question reminded me of this helmet liner. I love the decal. I have seen period photos of guys wearing these liners while training.

IMG_6191.jpg

Dave
Kansas City, USA
The emblem on your helmet liner is that of the "Las Vegas ,Nevada Gunnery School, per chance you didn't have an ID of what it is .
Johnny

dmar836

When I first bought it I didn't know but had since learned. Great lid, no?
Thanks a bunch for the tip!
Dave

dmar836

Another B-3. This one is a size 42 in great shape with original zip and no repairs. It has redskin cuffs and zipper flap but the rest is seal. It had been issued as there was once a name tag. With those colors I think it could have been a redye. The AAF decal was removed at some point.
Do we know who made these?
Dave

Silver Surfer

doesnt look like a redye. all of the taping, pocket, and elbows are still russet. usually when they were redyed, they redyed the whole jacket....sometimes even the zipper tape. nice one, my man.