• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More chinese Repops

Thomas Koehle

my amateur attempts to personalize some garment:

I just finished personalizing 2 pieces of Chinese manufactured WW2 repop garment

DghMIpE.jpg

FjMEp59.jpg

p4gizS0.jpg

N1 is size 44 manufactured by BRONSON which is labeled as XXL - size description 44 is accurate - lining is not as itchy as for example with my Pike Brothers N1 - stencils where done on a plotter on PVC foil which does not work really good - "Bunker Hill" patch is also a repop from Ebay just aged a bit

the other piece is a USN vest labeled under "Non Stock" but also distributed by BRONSON

same procedure like with the vest

hvlqghN.jpg

h9BwqfS.jpg

Pmao2LP.jpg

by far not as detailed and nicely executed like for example Ties jackets but at least a start

Cobblers161

Thomas, I'm looking at picking up a Bronson N-1 as they're due to release more jackets this month.

Couple of questions for you..... How did you remove/reduce the 'white' USN logo without affecting the blue/navy shell?

Would you be able to supply some measurements for the 44? Please ;-)

Is it a thick pile lining, is it warm?

Cheers & thanks,

Steve

falcon_ib

Great work! Love the stenciling especially.
How was your experience buying from Bronson? Did you go through Alibaba/AliExpress?

Evan

Thomas Koehle

Thomas, I'm looking at picking up a Bronson N-1 as they're due to release more jackets this month.

Couple of questions for you..... How did you remove/reduce the 'white' USN logo without affecting the blue/navy shell?

Cheers & thanks,

Steve

Steve,
Evan,

for purchasing BRONSON stuff I usually use my old contacts in China. I have been working there for almost 7 years and whenever one of my former workmates comes over to Europe I ask `em to bring along some stuff. In the beginning I even didn`t realize the garment is "Made in China" coz the first items arrived without a lable - but that`s another story ...

I own that particular jacket already since 2 or 3 years. The mods / stencils where done 2 weeks ago coz I wanted the stuff a bit more "personalized". Back then there was that version with the "faded" USN sign available - so it is still as I received the garment.

For the lining for me it is pretty warm - not as thick and bulky as for example as in my PIKE BROTHERS N1 but still very warm.

Will take the dimensions tonight.

Thomas

Cobblers161

Cheers Thomas!

I've purchased two other Bronson jackets from Aliexpress and the process is seamless (and the value marked low).

Both the N4 and HBT Utility jkt are excellent.

s4rmark

Hi , is it easy and safe to order from aliexpress ? I’m thinking of getting a B-10 as my eastman one is a bit large on me as I’ve lost weight . From what I’ve seen of the Branson garments they do look good value and it woul be good to compare it to the eastman.

Peter Graham

Thoms, the stencils turned out brilliant. What sort of paint did you use ? My one attempt at stencilling an M-41 turned out a disaster, but the less said about that, the better !

seres

Thoms, the stencils turned out brilliant. What sort of paint did you use ? My one attempt at stencilling an M-41 turned out a disaster, but the less said about that, the better !

I've had problems with stenciling, too. I don't think it's the paint so much as the method of application.

Thomas, how did you apply that stencil paint?

Thomas Koehle

I asked "Ties" (another VLJ member) how he usually does his stuff - he told me to take a brush and do not try to get all the paint splashed on the fabric on the first run - so I soaked my brush with paint - cleaned the brush until almost dry and then did not rub the brush on the fabric but dabbed / speckled the paint - and repeated until I was satisfied with the grade of covering of the paint

was pretty simple - the only tricky thing is to get the stencil back on exact the same position it was for the previous dabbing / speckling

that`s the jacket Ties did for me

nE6G6yr.jpg

SDWXMdt.jpg

PXKGwIj.jpg

This guy is a real artist ...

Last edited:

Smithy

I asked "Ties" (another VLJ member) how he usually does his stuff - he told me to take a brush and do not try to get all the paint splashed on the fabric on the first run - so I soaked my brush with paint - cleaned the brush until almost dry and then did not rub the brush on the fabric but dabbed / speckled the paint - and repeated until I was satisfied with the grade of covering of the paint

was pretty simple - the only tricky thing is to get the stencil back on exact the same position it was for the previous dabbing / speckling

that`s the jacket Ties did for me

nE6G6yr.jpg

SDWXMdt.jpg

PXKGwIj.jpg

This guy is a real artist ...

That's simply brilliant. I love it and I'm not even into USN jackets :)

Thomas Koehle

Cheers & thanks,

Steve

Steve - here are the dimensions of the jacket - all measured lying flat on the floor (not me but the jacket) :)

chest measured armpit to armpit: 60 cm / 23 1/2 "
sleeve armpit to cuff: 52 cm / 20 1/2 "
sleeve shoulderseam to cuff: 65 cm / 25 1/2 "
Shoulderseam to shoulderseam: 52 cm / 20 1/2 "
length backside measured from base of collar: 72 cm / 28 1/2 "

Cheers
Thomas

Cobblers161

Ain't that the truth Ruth!

Everyone is fallible, they make excellent cloth repros cheaply so I can forgive them. Also I don't think anyone will be duped into buying one of the A-2's thinking it's a GW.

*Edited* It's not the same company, Bronson have nothing to do with the maker of the A2's, the JC image tea-leaf is a leather company called Vanled. Ali-express is a shop that sells a few brands, Bronson being one of them, Vanled another.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

yeah as far as I know the only leather stuff they did before where those A1 jackets which already have been discussed also in this forum