• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch A-2 With Fleece Collar

Technonut2112

Noticed this one on the bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322022278635?eu ... xe,ext=ext

I can't recall seeing pics of another A-2 with an added fleece collar like this one. I asked the seller exactly what is on the label, but they either couldn't see it clearly, or are just making some of it up.. :roll:

A2 WW2 PILOT JACKET
MONARCH 26 DEC 1941
W535ac23378 SIZE 38

The pocket flaps and details certainly look correct for a Monarch A-2. Without documentation, can't be 100% sure the fleece was added during or after the war. Kind of interesting to me regardless.. :)

a2jacketpatches

I've see at least two if not more with added fleece, this seems to be lined as well. And which war? is a good question, Looks like there was some time there for it to be done and not out of the question.

Silver Surfer

yup, monarch. though uncommon, fleece collars, and sometimes warm liners were added to a-2s, usually in the cbi theater, and or korean war. without having it in hand, i cant be sure, but from the pix, it looks legit.

chamboid

Definitly a Monarch, but it's not fleece lined. That's just a replacement lining. I like the look of the jacket though.

a2jacketpatches

Huh? Added fleece collar and lining right? Added..replaced...I meant the same thing. Anyway I've seen many a collar with added fur, even owned an M-41 with mink or something and original liner.

chamboid

I meant it's a replaced lining, which is not made of fleece so I wouldn't say it was added for warmth, just replaced.

The collar is fleece, which I would say was added for warmth.

a2jacketpatches

Gotcha, I actually thought the lining was fleece just by looking at the first photo and similar color, upon further inspection my mistake and confusion.

CBI

I actually like the look of these mods with the fur/fleece collar..............always have...........and I can understand why pilots/aircrew would do it.