• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missile Fuse Safety Pin? Remove B4 Flight Pin?

a2jacketpatches

Purchased two CWU-36/P's and a 1990's A2 a few weeks back and one of the CWU's had one of these as a zipper pull. A few more were on the table with some gloves and stuff so I grabbed them for my Ebay store. I'm sure they're some kind of remove before pin, can anyone pinpoint exactly? Pun intended :lol: On my usual grid of one inch squares.

a2jacketpatches

Don't know about you, but I'm exit only. If anything, a colonoscopy will be the only thing to take my virginity and nothing else :lol:

Skyhawk

It does look like an ordinance pin. I saw plenty when I was in the USN. I don't know how to tell which type it came from, maybe that number on it can help. Looks a lot like the ones on the 500 lb bombs that were on the FA-18s during Desert Storm. There must be a lot of them around because we didn't see any bombs come back on board for months and the planes were going out fully loaded.

a2jacketpatches

Skyhawk said:
It does look like an ordinance pin. I saw plenty when I was in the USN. I don't know how to tell which type it came from, maybe that number on it can help. Looks a lot like the ones on the 500 lb bombs that were on the FA-18s during Desert Storm. There must be a lot of them around because we didn't see any bombs come back on board for months and the planes were going out fully loaded.

I did look up the # and found nothing. Also, I think the guy was a helicopter pilot, but they could be anything and 500 lb Bomb Fuse Pin / Zipper Pull sounds good to me. They are now officially labeled as such in my store. Thanks.

Rutger

I'd like one or two Sean, can you make me a nice deal ?
Checked your store but I was too early/quick I guess.

Just looked at the one on the aircraft and that looks just like the ones we have. Although the ones we have, the thicker part with the numbers on it is blue.

a2jacketpatches

Treetopflyer said:
Just looked at the one on the aircraft and that looks just like the ones we have. Although the ones we have, the thicker part with the numbers on it is blue.

What's it go to?

a2jacketpatches said:
Treetopflyer said:

What's it go to?

The pins we have go to a minature mine nuetralization "torpedo" we load on the aircraft. We also use the same pins for Hellfire missiles. I am pretty sure they are generic ordinance pins. In the helicopter world anyway. We use them on the racks that hold the ordinance on the aircraft. Once you pull the pin, you have the capability to jettison the rack and the ordinance, we don't pull them until right before take off.

a2jacketpatches

Treetopflyer said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Treetopflyer said:

What's it go to?

The pins we have go to a minature mine nuetralization "torpedo" we load on the aircraft. We also use the same pins for Hellfire missiles. I am pretty sure they are generic ordinance pins. In the helicopter world anyway. We use them on the racks that hold the ordinance on the aircraft. Once you pull the pin, you have the capability to jettison the rack and the ordinance, we don't pull them until right before take off.

I though it would be something like that, Tango Yankee