• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Eighth : Who will make the jackets?

TankBuster

Sweet!! It should be darn good and something to really look forward to. I was hoping that was going to be their next project after "The Pacific".

kiltie

colekwok said:
Will it be as good as the Band of Brothers this time?

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....=319857&subcatg=&keyword=hollywood&nid=319857

And who will be chosen to make the mighty jackets?

And will it provoke a resurgence in the Mighty Mall Jacket ( a la Top Gun ...) ?
And without Eighth Air Force patches or ill conceived "nose art" on the backs, will Good Wear, Kelso, ELC, et al, be seen as less than authentic ?
These questions and more to be answered in the near future.

Masters of the Air is a really solid book, in any event, so I'm pretty excited about that.

PaulGT3

I am guessing the stars will be made by Goodwear, for the A2's and maybe eastman for the others.
But then they will buy a bunch of others for the extras like Quartermaster line at Aero. Or something like
that, get the top of the line for the stars and others for the extras. My guess is your going to see the Director
will be wearing a VERY nice Good Wear or other type (real original?)

Steve H

Give it a go, you gotta be in it to win it! The quality is there for sure!

In my opinion the 9th AF would have made for a better ministries though- more campaign variety! Always the underdog!

PaulGT3

Sean find out who is shooting it, should be easy to do given you are on SoCal.
When I had to find the producer of a show I found him pretty easy on the website.

ausreenactor

colekwok said:
Will it be as good as the Band of Brothers this time?

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....=319857&subcatg=&keyword=hollywood&nid=319857

And who will be chosen to make the mighty jackets?

They will use a smattering of manufacturers as they did with Band of Brothers...and loads of shearlings for sure! ELC will surely get to move some of these.

http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_i ... cts_id=184

The A-2 might not feature as heavily (excuse the pun). Someone is going to make some money though....

Or alternatively, Spearhead B-10s for everybody!!

I just hope they use more than one German fighter pilot....damn you Red Tails... :roll:

havocpaul

Look forward to this project from them. And still we're waiting for Peter Jackson to finish The Dambusters remake, guess he's seen there's more money in over-long franchises about weird fantasy characters!

deand

Reading the book right now, and hope the project will be good. Memphis Belle was not a classic.

dean

CBI

IMHO - Masters of the Air is THE BEST book in re WW2 aviation. Yes, there are many great ones but Miller's work is really impressive!

Stony

I also thought that "Master of the Air" was a really good book. I just hope the miniseries does it justice. I would also hope that they will interview vets from the conflict as in the previous two series. I think it adds so much to hear "what it was really like" from the people that were there.

Peter Graham

Great news. I can't wait. One drawback is that a lot of the flying sequences will have to be CGI and it just doesn't cut it. Compare the B-17 sequences in Red Tails to the start of Catch 22. No contest.

B-24J

I hope that the final "print" will be in full color. The movies/series that have the washed out color, like Band of Brothers, are shot in full color and then processed to render the faded end product.
John

deand

Peter Graham said:
Great news. I can't wait. One drawback is that a lot of the flying sequences will have to be CGI and it just doesn't cut it. Compare the B-17 sequences in Red Tails to the start of Catch 22. No contest.

You are s-o-o-o-o-o-o right!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8rwDiAXKfY[/video]

IMDB note: "The squadron patch on Yossarian's leather A-2 flight jacket - a female nude riding a descending bomb, hurling a bolt of lightning - was the actual patch of Joseph Heller's 488th Bombardment Squadron (Medium), one of four B-25 squadrons (the others being the 486th, 487th, and 489th) in the 340th Bombardment Group (Medium) during World War II."

dean

Members online

Latest posts