• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Merrow Telemark Style Smock

JDAM

Nothing to do with leather or flights jacket but I know there are some here who appreciate vintage stuff. I bought one of these smocks a week ago and have to say it's true to the original Telemark design. I haven't been looking for any vintage stuff over the past few years, inc. A-2, but now I'm revisiting the field it's interesting to see such advances. Goodwear's clobber is of course outstanding. There seem to be a few other outfits knocking out really high spec repros of all sorts of attire. Nice.

Oh, before anyone chimes in, I have nothing to do with the firm or supplier and have no interest in the company. I just liked the smock and thought others might too.

http://www.merrowclothing.co.uk/shop

http://dieworkwear.com/post/10979186090 ... h-clothing

merrow-british-clothing-smock-jacket-blue.jpg

dmar836

What's not to like? Sharp look.
There has been a resurgence in "non-Chinese-made" goods in the past few years. Items come with a price but are certainly much higher quality - higher than the originals themselves!
Thanks for posting this!
Dave

Peter Graham

I like the OD one. There's a firm who have gone bust now called Heritage Research who do a smock like that. Ebay is the only place to get their stuff now. A while ago I picked up an A-2/M-41 hybrid jacket in green wax cotton. I really like it.

dmar836

Man, I need a PPK. Anyway, that last one has two top pocket flaps instead of the one large flap. No?

Dave

asiamiles

dmar836 said:
Anyway, that last one has two top pocket flaps instead of the one large flap. No?
Yes, but the same basic design. And you wouldn't expect him to wear the same parka as "the other fella."

Shame Merrow only offer them in seemingly large sizes.