• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mc leather jacket, my comparative with pics

stelug

MC jacket pics comparative test

Hi all, this is a short comparative (and very personal) test between four MC leather Jacket I own and love: Aero FQHorse Hide Cafè Racer tg 42, Vanson Competition Steer Hide B2 Model tg44, Dainese "Vintaged" Steer Hide Cr Tg european 50 (42-44), Beauty Brother Charro cow hide Large. Here you find the pics, front, inside, back, weared, in the very same order
http://fotoalbum.virgilio.it/motard/mcjackets/

Here some of my observation. Considering too that I am a real mediterranean "joe average" (75kg 1,74 tall) and still ride my bikes an amount of 30.000 km per years

Aero, 4 pockets out, two inside, kg 2,750: is without doubt the most stilish and fashioned of the batch. Else if it is not a real riding jacket, it is the one wich has allthe allure of the eroic era of illegal street racing. The zip is too thin to be draw with gloves or also with cold fingers, there is no slot for armour, no place for havvy cloth under. But the hide is way the more appealing and lso if I had not the occasion of comparing it with the LW ccompetitor it seems me the best dressing.

Vanson: 3 pockets out, one inside 3,00 kg: big zips, perfect stitching, removable warming linning, double button collar, the bulckier of all but also very good for riding. I must add that also if it is not anymore true that Horse Hide is weak becasue of coming from old beast naturally dead (today most western hides come from France, Italy, East Europe where horses are still eaten) the havvy steer being more elastic and less prone to change shape, seems me more switable for everiday cycling. It is also havvier

Dainese, 2 pockets out, one inside, 2,00 kg: this is a top notch italian riding clothes company. The vintage steer its hard tanned, well waterproof threated, mould itself on body but let transpiration. Inside thre are zipped pockets for shoulder, elbows, main back protections, that are removable but doesn not interfere anywhay when dressing or driving. There is also zip to tight on the dedicated trousers.

Charro BB, 4 pocket out, one in, 2,750 kg with removable sintetic fur. In nearly 30 years on the road this jacket had survived two falling (me in) and an unbelivable amount of punishment from rain, salt, snow and muds. With the only greeting of bein cleaned and greased twice a year. I am still resewing the pockets linning, but apart some weared and discolored area, this is the only real harm

Conclusion: if you like to look as a Bad Thought Boy, go fo Aero, if you whant a real all around jacket for winter and summer riding, but also wearable, the Vanson is your's choice, for pure riding Dainese. I am planing a 6.000 trip in east europe and probably at the end would grab the old one. Not shure thougt.
hope you enjoy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
A nice little collection, thanks for posting ... we don't see enough of these MC jackets on the forum. :cool:

stelug

thnakyou deeb7, here there are some other, mixed with the cr I jet posted, and I have a few else that had not time to tak pics (included some 3 buttons black or brown that I uses as daily wear). I whonted to focus on the CR.