• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

maybe just a little help (push) for this guy.

dujardin

hello all,

weeks ago, a guy came on my ''blog'' telling me he is leaving from AIRBORNE collection to USAAF collection.
we exchange some mails and this guy named Fabrice became slowly a friend.
he is leaving in Belgium.
i try to decide him to join the forum but he hesitate a little because of ''newbies'' and also because he don't speak very well english. i will continue and i think he will join.
but ....this is a nice story......yes yes yessssssssssss
but the most important for us, surely for those of central Europe is that this little Fabrice also paint patches.
he send me some photos and details about price (+- 20 - 30 euros) and delay (+- 3 - 4 days).
here follow photos of his work.
what do you think about ????
i will transfer your answer to him, so that i can decide him to finally join us.

littlebastard.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT007.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT003.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT004.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT005.jpg

CHECK6PRODUCT006.jpg

this week he will work making patches of famous AIRBORNE troops because soon it's CINEY EXPO and he hold a stand were he sold ''militaria'' and of course he will present his artwork and try to sell some.

so, bye byeeeeeeee and thanks in advance for him.

friendship marcel

A

Anonymous

Hi Marcel I like this guys work it has that theatre made look and sets off a jacket nicely .What is it about the WW2 USAAF that interest people in europe and also Asia .I am not saying its a bad thing but I am curious to why .I wish him all the best selling his work at the show .

All the best Jeff .

jeroen

Hi Jeff,

As a Dutchman I can easyly answer why people in europe take an interest in ww2 AAF jackets and stuff. Those where the guys who risked everything to liberate us from Adolf and his gang and as such they have always stayed in our collective hearts and minds. My mom can still vividly recall the hope and joy she felt when she stoot on the roof with her dad watching enormous clouds of bombers ploughing their way towards Germany. Espescially the sound; a deep sonorous humm, was something you would never forget, she tells me.
(and then off course there is that thing where they happened to wear the coolest leather jackets ever made, which helps ;)

jeroen

Andrew

jeroen said:
Hi Jeff,

As a Dutchman I can easyly answer why people in europe take an interest in ww2 AAF jackets and stuff. Those where the guys who risked everything to liberate us from Adolf and his gang and as such they have always stayed in our collective hearts and minds. My mom can still vividly recall the hope and joy she felt when she stoot on the roof with her dad watching enormous clouds of bombers ploughing their way towards Germany. Espescially the sound; a deep sonorous humm, was something you would never forget, she tells me.
(and then off course there is that thing where they happened to wear the coolest leather jackets ever made, which helps ;)

jeroen

...and as an Aussie I can add the story is the same- just two months after Pearl Harbour the Japanese launched the first of 100 air raids on Australia and they were eventually stopped literally on our doorstep. Thousands of Americans came and went from here, and unlike the relative comfort of an English airfield within easy reach of a pub were stationed in places which to this day are still the middle of nowhere- they must have wondered what they did to deserve it. Plenty died here in accidents or returning from missions and there is no doubt that despite the immense efforts of our own, with the tiny population and resources at the time we would not have survived without the US.

The story's also the same wrt the gear, and there were a lot of punchups at the Pubs (this was the worst; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane) but there were plenty local girls who ended up in the US after the War.

The effort they went through probably doesn't rate much here in the collective consciousness today but it does for me.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reponses and I do agree with everything you say ,but in this country there seems to be an Orwellian memory hole with people 40 and younger ,none of them know anything about the Vietnam thing ,I am not going to call it a war because it was not .I wonder how long it will be before the WW2 will be forgotten are we the last bastions preserving the memory of WW2 ,I know the answer and I think it is sad .Marcel I was born in England and I have trouble speaking English also ,so tell him not to worry get on board ,A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step !.

All the best Jeff

dujardin

.Marcel I was born in England and I have trouble speaking English also

so it's you the ''englishman in NY (Sting) :lol:

so tell him not to worry get on board ,A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step !.

he is now a member of this forum, i wil tell him to come and present himself and his work.

he will be happy by your comment.

many thanks again.

now to come back a little on your comment, as Peter said, we have here in Belgium, Holland, France and of course England many souvenirs of the american troops, also of fights here in the vicinity, for our parents, they were in the battle, they saw many things, bad or good. and i many times heard that European are great collectors.
just speaking for myself, if you remember my presentation months ago, i explain that my grand-father join the Third US army and fought till the end of the war with US troops, he went till Torgau ( junction with Russian ).
it's a great honnor for me that he was involved in this.
everyone have his own story and feelings but for sure, we will never forget our liberators, US or Canadian or English or else...
now it will be more correct for me to choose to collect uniform or US Army due to combat reference to my grand father, that's what i did a time but i prefer flying personnel because when i was a young boy, i dream to became a pilot into Belgian Air Force, but life decide otherly....
so, i join you to say it's sad that young generation have no interest for history, for their past.

byebyeeeeeeeee marcel