• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mash A-10 gloves

Carl

Thanks for posting those Carl. Those look exactly like the MASH ones and I really wouldn't be surprised if they are the same gloves as has been suggested before.

They look great!
Thankyou Tim! , these were from my late uncles collection , from whom i inherited the start of my USAAF collection nearly 7 or is it 8 years ago o_O ???

Smithy

Carl you have one of the better collections I've seen around here. Just make sure you've insured the stuff ;)

Carl

Carl you have one of the better collections I've seen around here. Just make sure you've insured the stuff ;)
Many thanks for those kind words Tim , very humbling indeed .
Yeah it shoukd really be insured but the problem is i keep selling and buying stuff ! It's always changing :D

EmergencyIan

I’ve ordered from MASH several times (everything is top quality) and always used the EMS shipping service. I’m in NYC and curiously have never had to pay any extra upon delivery. In fact, I’ve ordered from Japan several times and haven’t ever paid extra, upon arrival, for any of those orders.

I love the EMS shipping service. I can have an item shipped out on Sunday and have it in hand on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday before noon.

- Ian

Greg Gale

OK, so I tried a pair on at the ELC tent. I'm a size 8. All my gloves are size 8. My ELC summer flying gloves are 8 1/2. According to the size chart on the MASH website, I'm a size 8. But at the ELC tent it was a 9 1/2 that fit me perfectly. Gary said it's because they have wartime sizing and run small. I've heard that ELC buys these from MASH, so now I have no idea what size I should go for. :(

Smithy

What Cedric said Greg. MASH's size chart was spot on for me. I followed their instructions for measuring my hands, and they fit perfectly.

Greg Gale

They replied:

Thank you for the inquiry.
If you’ve tried Gary’s A-10 Gloves already and size 9 1/2 fitted you, then our A-10 Gloves size 9 1/2 will fit you as well. I know Gary does not change the size tag on our selling gloves. But one thing please be aware that the size of the pilot gloves like A-10 are sometimes depends on the softness of the leather. We always try to make our gloves with same softness leather. But it is really difficult for us to have same softness leather in all the time. So you might feel that our size 9 1/2 is larger than Gary’s 9 1/2. This case, we can replace the size. Please kindly refer to our replacement policy on our shopping guide. Thanks

NOW I'm lost! :eek:

Greg Gale

Plus:

ELC costs 129 GBP plus shipping, that should be 144 in total.
MASH costs 101 GBP with shipping, but there are the taxes and duties. In Hungary we have 27% VAT, that's 128 GBP.

Is saving 16 GBP worth the longer wait and the risk in size? Plus, I can still send back my ELC if it doesn't fit, but I can't play that with my MASH without losing too much money.

Greg Gale

Ah, I pulled the trigger. I never thought I would pay this much for a pair of gloves, and I really ran out of budget for this month, but this seemed like a now or never purchase.

dmar836

I checked my measurements and Mash’s sizing. Around my nuckles is a smaller size but length was three sizes larger. They say to go with the larger of the two measurements. I’m thinking they would be way too baggy. I guess I expected the measurements to be within one size of each other.
Dave

Smithy

After getting my MASH A-10s back in June I was finally able to wear the things today. It was 7 Celsius this morning and actually down to 1 including windchill and the MASH jobs were great. These will get a lot of wear up here from now on I reckon.