• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA-1 Skyline

Cobblers161

Just found an MA-1 Skyline for sale at $100. The condition is reasonable with a couple of tiny holes and some mothing to the cuffs with that in mind does this seem like a reasonable price?

Cheers,
Steve

Peter Graham

Is $100 OK for a jacket with issues and possibly more money to be spent ? I'm not so sure but I'm no expert. Over to you Jim. Pics would help.

Atticus

Cuffs will need replacing...but that's not too expensive. I wish it had a C&C zipper, though. Oddly enough, the '61s are far more common. The '62 is sorta-kinda rare.

I say a hundred is about right.

AF

Cobblers161

Thanks for that, I've taken the plunge, it'll be my first original nylon so I'm praying I don't get the bug.

Just out of interest what's a C&C zipper?

Peter Graham

Cobblers161 said:
Just out of interest what's a C&C zipper?
Crown. Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, it looks good. I've repaired cuffs in worse condition than those. It's too late now. You've bought it. The bug has bitten. :twisted:

watchmanjimg

Peter Graham said:
Is $100 OK for a jacket with issues and possibly more money to be spent ? I'm not so sure but I'm no expert. Over to you Jim. Pics would help.

What is it, Peter? Have I spoiled you with that $25 B-15D Mod? :lol:

Seriously, this one may require a few more bucks to replace the cuffs but I don't find the price to be out of line. Sometimes you find 'em cheap and other times not so much. In any case, Geoff has correctly pointed out that the '62 Skyline is among the rarer orange-lined MA-1s. Congrats, Cobblers161, and welcome to the nylon club!

Peter Graham

watchmanjimg said:
Peter Graham said:

What is it, Peter? Have I spoiled you with that $25 B-15D Mod? :lol:
Ha ha, maybe. After seeing the pics I'd say that it's a good deal.

Weasel_Loader

$100 isn't too bad but also not a killer deal. You can't beat those early orange lined MA-1s. Great jackets!

Here's a C&C zipper that most prefer over the Conmars.

P1000996.jpg