• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA-1 Skyline 62

oose

Hi all,

My MA-1 Skyline C model has arrived and is in overall great condition, shell has no marks at all, and the knits have the usual few holes but nothing serious. First pic, post more soon weather a bit overcast here.

MA-1.jpg

yours stu

Weasel_Loader

Nice jacket. I would get rid of the velcro since it's not original to the jacket and use a plastic name tag holder to hide the stitch marks. From the looks of the pocket snaps, it had little use. Thanks for posting pics. ;)

oose

Hi,

Weather still overcast, plus I have scaffolding all round by flat so light poor, shots a bit out of focus.
I have taken off Velcro and have added a TAC patch, plus voodoo patch one-o-wonder patch will go on arm when it gets here. The patches were worn in this configuration by 20th TRS on October 1963 at Ramstein AFB Germany (have photo curtacy of Voodoo Warriors by Nigel Walpole). I will get a plastic name tag holder from mash, should do the trick nicely. Jacket has seen some use but has been well looked after, the seller said it was his dads in the Navy and then he had when in the coast guards thus the Velcro patch. Although I prefer the cut of the L-2b I'm sure I'll get some use out of this, you need at least one MA-1, I can finally retire my 73 Alpha, which has seen better days!

Jacket-2.jpg

Colour comparison Photo of jacket next to Albert turner flight suit, you can see the difference between the hue of the MA-1.

colour.jpg

detail shots to follow...

a714_11.jpg

yours stu

oose

Small update... wife at home 24/7 now as baby is due in 31 days, she don't like me getting my jackets out! ;)

P1013812-1.jpg

P1013813.jpg

P1013814.jpg

yours stu

Weasel_Loader

Looks great Stu.

In regards to the differences in nylon color. It seems Skyline used two different colors for their nylon in the early 60s. I have a E model L-2B that I got from Watchmanjimg that is the more greener looking nylon instead of the blue sage color. Kind of strange they used two different colors of nylon. :roll: