• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M65 contracts

A

Anonymous

Hi guys
Any of you knows what were the M-65 contracts between 1968 - 1990?
I would like to check out the names of the makers

Turntabloid

was about to ask you (PLATON) the same question in the t. bickle thread :lol:
thanks for opening a thread for this!

A

Anonymous

i know some of the makers but not specific contracts

here's a list from memory

alpha
winfield
so sew styles
john owenby
rolane sportswear
cherokee
sportsmaster
golden
centre

there has to be many more

Atticus

I've got a 1970 So Sew. Tonight, I'll post a photo of the tag with the contract number. BTW, I've also got a 1968 So Sew M-51. Its "aggressor green" as opposed to OG 107 and was made for the "enemy" to wear during infantry combat training. Heck, Van might have even worn it when he was down at Tigerland. I’ll post a photo of that jacket's tag, too.

AF

Atticus

M-65

0305121857-1.jpg

M-51

0305121900-1.jpg

AF

watchmanjimg

Atticus said:
M-65

0305121857-1.jpg

M-51

0305121900-1.jpg

AF

Geoff, as I may have mentioned before the Aggressor green jacket is relatively uncommon. By the mid-'80s it was replaced by a Gore-Tex parka in the standard ECWCS pattern but in a solid grey-green instead of woodland camo, worn with OG-507 fatigues festooned with goofy OPFOR insignia.

A

Anonymous

somehow I decided to make a collection of deadstock/mint M-65 Olive drab version.
The goal is to have one from each maker

so far got the following

alpha x5
winfield x2
so sew styles x1
rolane sportswear x 1
cherokee x 1

the interesting things is that none of the above are the same color.

still missing

sportsmaster
golden
centre
john owenby

the below 2
Allen Overall
Bonham Manufacturing

are super rare to find in deadstock/mint so I will settle for excl/good condition.

When the collection is finished will compare them all, keep the "likes" and sell the rest

A

Anonymous

I 've seen one from
Apparel Corp of America

never seen one before from this maker

A

Anonymous

Defense Personel Support Centre

Another maker I have not seen before

watchmanjimg

PLATON said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M65-Cotton-Sateen-Field-Coat-Jacket-OG-107-Small-Regular-/201015683986?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

funny maker and is it just me or something is wrong with the design?

"Made in USA" on the label is usually the telltale sign that an item is NOT genuine GI.

Atticus

Any issued M-65 will have a DA, DSA, DLA or SPO number...depending on when it was made. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure the M-65 doesn't post date the Defense Agency (DA) numbers.

AF

Atticus

watchmanjimg said:
The DA prefix predates even the earliest of the M-65s.
Hi Jim...I thought that was probably the case. The earliest M-65s I've seen have '66 DSA numbers.

AF